Dan Bongino Demographics
Political Affiliation: Republican Party
Current Position: Talk Radio Host for Cumulus Media
Past Position: Unsuccessfully ran for a Senate and Congressional seat in 2012, 2014 and 2016, Secret Service Agent (1999-2011), New York City Police Officer (1995 – 1999).
Political Bias Rating: Far-Right Conservative
These media sources are moderate to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Political Views: Strongly supports former President Donald Trump. Frequently reports negatively on Democrats and promotes conspiracy theories. Opposes a $15 minimum wage, wants limited business regulations, and a balanced budget.
- Scientific Views: Frequently downplays covid-19 and refuses to wear a mask. Has failed fact checks and promoted scientific misinformation regarding Covid-19.
- Social Views: Wants limits on immigration, Pro-Life, Repeal of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare).
Failed Fact Checks
- The Russia investigation “was a coup. This was an attempted overthrow of the United States government.” – PANTS ON FIRE
- DOES ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION COST THE US MORE THAN $100 BILLION A YEAR? – UNSUBSTANTIATED
- Bernie Sanders flew on a private jet and served a lavish menu when traveling to Rome in April 2016. – MOSTLY FALSE
- “Violent crime in South Bend doubled during Mayor Pete’s tenure.” – MOSTLY FALSE
- “California has six extra” congressional representatives “because illegals are counted” in the census. – MOSTLY FALSE
- “the CGG CGG coding […] does not appear in nature”, this and the furin cleavage site from the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein gene suggests the virus wasn’t transmitted from animals to humans – Inaccurate
Bias and Credibility Summary
- Overall, we rate Dan Bongino Far-Right Biased based on editorial positions that strongly favor the Right. We also rate him low for factual reporting due to rejecting the consensus of science on some issues and numerous failed fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 5/1/2021) Updated (05/06/2022)
Last Updated on May 7, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Emirates 24/7by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 8:01 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am