These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information reporting that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Dan Bongino Far-Right Biased based on editorial positions that strongly favor the Right. We also rate him low for factual reporting due to rejecting the consensus of science on some issues and numerous failed fact checks.
Bias Rating: FAR-RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Radio/TV
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Political Affiliation: Republican Party
Current Position: Talk Radio Host for Cumulus Media,
Past Position: Host of Unfiltered With Dan Bongino on Fox News, Unsuccessfully ran for a Senate and Congressional seat in 2012, 2014, and 2016, Secret Service Agent (1999-2011), New York City Police Officer (1995 – 1999).
- Political Views: Strongly supports former President Donald Trump. Frequently reports negatively on Democrats and promotes conspiracy theories. Opposes a $15 minimum wage, wants limited business regulations, and a balanced budget.
- Scientific Views: Frequently downplays covid-19 and refuses to wear a mask. Has failed fact checks and promoted scientific misinformation regarding Covid-19.
- Social Views: Wants limits on immigration, Pro-Life, Repeal of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare).
Failed Fact Checks
- The Russia investigation “was a coup. This was an attempted overthrow of the United States government.” – PANTS ON FIRE
- DOES ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION COST THE US MORE THAN $100 BILLION A YEAR? – UNSUBSTANTIATED
- Bernie Sanders flew on a private jet and served a lavish menu when traveling to Rome in April 2016. – MOSTLY FALSE
- “Violent crime in South Bend doubled during Mayor Pete’s tenure.” – MOSTLY FALSE
- “California has six extra” congressional representatives “because illegals are counted” in the census. – MOSTLY FALSE
- “the CGG CGG coding […] does not appear in nature”, this and the furin cleavage site from the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein gene suggests the virus wasn’t transmitted from animals to humans – Inaccurate
- Twitter fact-checks Biden for first time ever. – False
- Dan Bongino’s Graphic Of Unhealthy U.S. Cities Run By Democrats – False
- Joe Biden plans to discriminate against white men with COVID-19 economic relief. – Misleading
- The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation pledged $200 million for digital IDs as part of a shift toward a “totalitarian society.” – False
- Newly surfaced IRS training video BREAKS the internet. – False
Bias and Credibility Summary
Overall, we rate Dan Bongino Far-Right Biased based on editorial positions that strongly favor the Right. We also rate him low for factual reporting due to rejecting the consensus of science on some issues and numerous failed fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 5/1/2021) Updated (04/20/2023)
Last Updated on June 3, 2023 by Media Bias Fact Check