Dan Bongino Demographics
Political Affiliation: Republican Party
Current Position: Talk Radio Host for Cumulus Media
Past Position: Unsuccessfully ran for a Senate and Congressional seat in 2012, 2014 and 2016, Secret Service Agent (1999-2011), New York City Police Officer (1995 – 1999).
Political Bias Rating: Far-Right Conservative
These media sources are moderate to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Political Views: Strongly supports former President Donald Trump. Frequently reports negatively on Democrats and promotes conspiracy theories. Opposes a $15 minimum wage, wants limited business regulations, and a balanced budget.
- Scientific Views: Frequently downplays covid-19 and refuses to wear a mask. Has failed fact checks and promoted scientific misinformation regarding Covid-19.
- Social Views: Wants limits on immigration, Pro-Life, Repeal of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare).
Failed Fact Checks
- The Russia investigation “was a coup. This was an attempted overthrow of the United States government.” – PANTS ON FIRE
- DOES ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION COST THE US MORE THAN $100 BILLION A YEAR? – UNSUBSTANTIATED
- Bernie Sanders flew on a private jet and served a lavish menu when traveling to Rome in April 2016. – MOSTLY FALSE
- “Violent crime in South Bend doubled during Mayor Pete’s tenure.” – MOSTLY FALSE
- “California has six extra” congressional representatives “because illegals are counted” in the census. – MOSTLY FALSE
- “the CGG CGG coding […] does not appear in nature”, this and the furin cleavage site from the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein gene suggests the virus wasn’t transmitted from animals to humans – Inaccurate
Bias and Credibility Summary
- Overall, we rate Dan Bongino Far-Right Biased based on editorial positions that strongly favor the Right. We also rate him low for factual reporting due to rejecting the consensus of science on some issues and numerous failed fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 5/1/2021) Updated (05/06/2022)
Last Updated on May 7, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect posted an apparent manifesto repeatedly citing ‘Great Replacement’ theoryby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 9:43 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Rodong Sinmunby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 7:26 am