These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Deadline Hollywood Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: HIGH Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2006 by Nikki Finke, Deadline Hollywood is a film and entertainment news website. According to their about page, they are the “authoritative source for breaking news in the entertainment industry, and readers check the site multiple times each day.”
Read our profile on USA government influence on media.
Funded by / Ownership
Deadline Hollywood is owned by Penske Media Corporation, which is an American digital media, publishing, and information services company based in Los Angeles and New York City. It publishes more than 20 digital and print brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, WWD, BGR, and others. PMC’s Chairman and CEO since founding is Jay Penske. The website is funded through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Deadline Hollywood typically produces original news content about the entertainment industry. Headlines are usually straightforward and low-biased such as this: ABC Buys Legal Drama ‘Reasonable Doubt’ Produced By Kerry Washington, Larry Wilmore & Shawn Holley. Some headlines are slightly sensationalized regarding celebrities, but for the most part, information is sourced accurately, and the headlines describe the news story.
Editorially, Deadline Hollywood reports on politics as it relates to the entertainment industry. In other words, they offer minimal opinions. However, when covering former President Trump, they typically are negative and use loaded emotional language such as this: President Donald Trump Tweetstorm – The Saturday Edition. In general, Deadline Hollywood reports factually and displays a left-leaning bias when covering politics.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Deadline Hollywood Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 11/23/2016) Updated (07/09/2021)
Last Updated on July 9, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Australia set to get new PM after Scott Morrison’s ruling conservatives projected to lose electionby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 12:53 pm
- Biden says US has offered vaccines to North Korea but got no responseby newsfactsnetwork on May 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: International Press Instituteby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/21/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. stops controlled burns nationwide after New Mexico disasterby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 3:43 am