Reasoning: Extreme Left, Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Founded in 2016, The Blue Dot Daily is a news and opinion blog that sometimes uses sensational headlines to report current news with a clear left bias. According to their about page “Bluedotdaily.com was launched to fill a rather large void online with political media publications, specifically in the progressive news space. We provide a variety of progressive articles, media, images and videos that deliver a message in a way that that in engaging, fun, and informative.” The website does not disclose an editor.
Funded by / Ownership
Blue Dot Daily does not disclose ownership or funding.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Blue Dot Daily is a news and opinion blog that reports with an extreme left wing bias. All stories favor the left and utilize loaded language such as this: Trump goes nuts after his favorite network airs revealing info about him. This story is not sourced at all. In another loaded emotional article, Trump caves, infuriates his base with lame compromise – Pelosi says Nope!, the only source used is a tweet. In general, all stories favor the left and denigrate the right through the use highly biased wording.
Overall, we rate Blue Dot Daily Questionable based on extreme left bias through story selection and wording, poor sourcing of information and a lack of transparency. (F. Locke-Siewert 12/30/2016) Updated (5/30/2019)
Last Updated on April 22, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am