These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate City Pages slightly Left-Center biased based on story selection that mildly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Founded in 1979, City Pages is an alternative weekly tabloid newspaper serving the Minneapolis–St. Paul metropolitan area. It features news, film, theater and restaurant reviews and music criticism. The current editor is Pete Kotz.
Funded by / Ownership
Analysis / Bias
In review, City Pages covers news and events related to the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area. This review focuses on news reporting. City Pages primarily only covers local news with minimally biased wording such as this: Charges: St. Paul man advertised stolen Apple watches on mom’s Facebook. However, some reports contain commentary that does use loaded emotional language such as this: Can we blame millennials for the cost of living in Minneapolis?. This story is properly sourced to Business Insider, LA Times and the Star Tribune.
Editorially, City Pages does not have a section dedicated to opinion commentary, however sometimes authors offer commentary within news stories, usually with a very slight left leaning bias.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate City Pages slightly Left-Center biased based on story selection that mildly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 01/15/2020)
Last Updated on March 10, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm