These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased sources.
- Overall, we rate The Cook Political Report Least Biased based on a long track record of calling races based on known data. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (45/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1984, The Cook Political Report is an independent, non-partisan online newsletter/website that analyzes elections and campaigns for the United States House of Representatives, the United States Senate, Governor’s offices, and the American Presidency. Editor Jessica Taylor heads up coverage of Senate and Gubernatorial races, and David Wasserman leads coverage of House races. Amy Walter serves as the national editor.
Funded by / Ownership
The Cook Political Reports is owned by its founder Charlie Cook, a one-time pollster for Democratic campaigns. Revenue is derived through subscription fees.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Cook Political Report analyzes elections and campaigns for the United States House of Representatives, the United States Senate, the Governor’s offices, and the Presidency. For example, they cover news stories that look at election dynamics, such as this Here Are the Trump Battleground States That Harris Can Help Biden Retake. This story is sourced from NBC News. The website also provides projections for elections such as this for the House and this for the electoral college. All House and Senate contests are rated, regardless of competitiveness, on a seven-point scale; Solid Democrat, Likely Democrat, Lean Democrat, Toss-Up, Lean Republican, Likely Republican, and Solid Republican.
Many mainstream media organizations use the Cook Political Report as a reliable predictor of elections and trends. In general, they are factual as best as can be in the field of election prediction and generally low biased.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate The Cook Political Report Least Biased based on a long track record of calling races based on known data. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 10/16/2016) Updated (8/22/2020)
Last Updated on April 24, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Analysis of Hunter Biden’s hard drive shows he, his firm took in about $11 million from 2013 to 2018, spent it fastby newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 3:06 pm
- Monkeypox is spreading around the world. What is the disease and how dangerous is it?by newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 2:04 pm
- Finland’s gas flows from Russia to be shut off from Saturday, energy provider saysby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:40 pm
- Fact Check: High U.S. Gas Prices In 2022 Are NOT Related To Closed Pipelinesby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:18 pm
- Project Veritas says the FBI declared it part of mediaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:14 pm