These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate the 1440 Newsletter Least Biased based on balanced story selection and minimal editorializing. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2017, 1440 is a daily newsletter that covers curated news stories for the day. According to their about page, “Instead of cleverly crafted messaging and media narratives, 1440 provides an impartial view of what’s happening in the world so our readers can form their conclusions. Scouring hundreds of sources each day, 1440 delivers news with breadth plus depth, thoughtfully curated by experts, in a single morning briefing.”
Funded by / Ownership
Although not readily transparent, the newsletter and website are owned by 1440 Media LLC. Revenue is derived through advertising and sponsored content.
Analysis / Bias
In review, 1440 provides daily curated news stories that can be found on the website under “Digest” or delivered to your email by signing up for free. News and information are broken into categories that we will cover one by one. The first category is “Need to Know,” which provides 1 to 3 summarized news stories per day. These stories are generally the biggest stories and presented with minimal bias, such as this Defense Secretary Fired. Like all others reviewed, this story is correctly sourced to credible outlets such as Defense News, Politico, and Axios.
The next category is called “In the Know,” which has subcategories Sports, Entertainment, Culture, Science & Tech, Business & Markets, and Politics & World Affairs. Within this category, 1440 provides a one-sentence summary of the top stories in each subcategory and then provides offsite links to other sources covering the story. Our review of this category shows that they generally link to credible media outlets that range from Left-Center to Right-Center. The third category is called “In-Depth,” which links to longer analysis and editorial-type stories. A review of sources shows a reasonable balance with the Right-Leaning The Dispatch stories and the Left-Leaning Wired Magazine. The final category is called “ETCETERA,” which provides links to a variety of general interest stories such as “Lucky teens uncover a 1,100-year-old gold stash.” In general, the news is reported factually and with minimal editorializing.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the 1440 Newsletter Least Biased based on balanced story selection and minimal editorializing. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 11/15/2020) Updated (10/24/2021)
Last Updated on January 5, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am