These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Deccan Chronicle Right-Center biased due to word selection and support for their right-leaning government. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting rather than High due to a failed fact check.
Bias Rating: RIGHT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
Press Freedom Rating: LIMITED FREEDOM
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1938, the Deccan Chronicle Holdings Limited (DCHL) is an English daily newspaper headquartered in Hyderabad, Telangana, India. The chairman of the Deccan Chronicle is newspaper baron T Venkattram Reddy, and the Editor in chief is A. T. Jayanti.
Funded by / Ownership
Deccan Chronicle is owned by Deccan Chronicle Holdings Limited (DCHL), and T. Venkattram Reddy is the owner of Deccan Chronicle Holdings Limited (DCHL).
According to First Post , “The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Friday filed a case against Deccan Chronicle Holdings Ltd (DCHL), and its chairman T Venkattram Reddy in a Rs 30.54 crore fraud case, news agency ANI reported.” T. Venkattram Reddy’s company, “DCHL, is likely to witness a change in Management; since he is unable to service the accumulated debts & lenders are likely to take Full Control of his company.”
Analysis / Bias
Deccan Chronicle’s primary focus is politics, economy, entertainment, external affairs, lifestyles, and culture.
In review, editorial positions are typically pro-government, as demonstrated in this article about opposition party leader Rahul Gandhi and this quote from the article: “This is not the first time that Rahul Gandhi has faced flak for such comments. .[…] Needless to say, he lost many in his audience during the explanation.” Further, to prove their points, Deccan Chronicle uses Twitter users’ tweets rather than credible media sources.
For national news, they republish stories from the Press Trust of India, which is the most significant news agency in India and Asian News International (ANI) Headlines utilize moderately loaded language such as: “Industrialists got crores, farmers got nothing: Rahul Gandhi attacks Modi govt” and “Congress-free India means getting rid of ‘Congress culture,’ says Amit Shah.”
Failed Fact Checks
- The fictional character Captain Jack Sparrow of Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, played by Johnny Depp, was based on Lord Krishna. – False
Overall, we rate Deccan Chronicle Right-Center biased due to word selection and support for their right-leaning government. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting rather than High due to a failed fact check. (M. Huitsing 6/11/2018) Update (08/26/2022)
Last Updated on August 26, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Facebook takes down Russian network impersonating European news outletsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 1:45 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Electronic Frontier Foundationby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: End the Fedby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 25, 2022 at 10:30 am