These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Washington Press far left biased based on story selection that always favors the left and mixed for factual reporting due to the use of poor sources and failed fact checks.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
According to their about page: “Washington Press is a news website dedicated to providing our readers the most accurate, concise, and breaking political news of the day. In an age of fake news, we are a trusted source with a track record of honesty and integrity.” They also state “Washington Press is an affiliate of Occupy Democrats (Questionable Source) and we are proud to support the Democratic Party’s agenda and the progressive movement. The same team operates both websites. Colin Taylor is listed as the Managing Editor of Washington Press.
Funded by / Ownership
Washington Press is owned by Rafael and Omar Rivero. Revenue is derived through online advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Washington Press presents news with a borderline extreme left-wing bias that always favors the left and is always anti-Trump and the political right. There is frequent and very strong use of loaded words in both headlines and articles such as this: Trump just declared war on the First Amendment in an unhinged cabinet meeting and this Texas Republicans’ cruel remarks about California come back to haunt them as winter storms ravage.
The Washington Press usually sources their information from credible mainstream media outlets, however, they sometimes use poor sources such as Shareblue, which has a mixed record with fact-checking. Editorially, most stories align with the progressive left such as this Trump just slapped the LGBTQ community in the face during Pride Month. In general, they hold a strong left-leaning bias and are not always factual.
Failed Fact Checks
- The king of the Netherlands tweeted that the International Court of Justice in the Hague is ready and waiting for Donald Trump. – False
- Story claims Trump forged physical checkup results – False
- A Trump fan was just charged with trying to murder Maxine Waters on same day Trump threatened her – False
Overall, we rate Washington Press far left biased based on story selection that always favors the left and mixed for factual reporting due to the use of poor sources and failed fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 1/10/2018) Updated (2/17/2021)
Last Updated on February 17, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Facebook takes down Russian network impersonating European news outletsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 1:45 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Electronic Frontier Foundationby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 26, 2022 at 10:30 am