These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Shareblue strongly Left Biased based on story selection that always favors the Left and Mixed for factual reporting due to misleading headlines and a few failed fact checks by an IFCN fact-checker
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Shareblue Media, formerly known as Blue Nation Review or Shareblue, is an American liberal news website owned by the journalist and political activist David Brock. Shareblue is within a consortium of political groups in Democratic strategist David Brock’s network. Shareblue’s monthly reach is reported to be 140 million across platforms. In December 2017, Shareblue announced a partnership with SiriusXM Progress. David Brock is also the founder of Media Matters and has operated Democratic Super Pacs. According to their company page, “Shareblue Media is an American media company. We tell real-world stories to give voice to the heroes fighting for American values. We are a rapidly growing community — reaching millions per week across platforms — that is optimistic, honest, and unafraid.”
Funded by / Ownership
Shareblue is owned by True Blue Media, LLC, which is owned by David Brock. The website is funded through online advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Shareblue is a news and opinion website that always favors the left. There is significant use of loaded language in headlines such as this Top budget official warns Trump is a ‘drag’ on the economy and this GOP begs Congress to ‘move on’ from the Trump crimes Mueller found. This latter story comes directly republished from the American Independent, which we rate as a left-biased source. Most stories on this website come from other sources and are not original content. In fact, almost all are republications from the American Independent. In general, story selection 100% favors the left, and sometimes poor sources are used.
A factual search reveals a few failed fact checks.
- President Trump violated protocol by not standing or saluting during the playing of “Retreat” during an interview with Sean Hannity. – MOSTLY FALSE
- Did DOJ Say Christian Employers Should Be Allowed to Force Women to Wear Skirts? – MOSTLY FALSE
- Did the Trumps Invite Mostly White Children to the Easter Egg Roll? We Still Don’t Know – UNPROVEN
Overall, we rate Shareblue strongly Left Biased based on story selection that always favors the Left and Mixed for factual reporting due to misleading headlines and a few failed fact checks by an IFCN fact-checker. (9/12/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 8/27/2019)
Last Updated on August 16, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am