These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate The Algemeiner Journal Right-Center biased based on an editorial bias that moderately favors the right and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
The Algemeiner Journal was founded in 1972 by Gershon Jacobson as a Yiddish Newspaper replacing Der Tog Morgen Zhurnal. It was originally called Der Algemeiner Journal. The Algemeiner Journal is based in New York City. In 2012, Editor Dovid Efune launched Algemeiner.com, which contains both online and print editions. The Algemeiner Journal covers topics such as “the Middle East, Israel, and matters of Jewish interest around the world.” The current Editor-in-Chief is Dovid Efune and the Publisher is Simon Jacobson.
Funded by / Ownership
Gershon Jacobson Jewish Continuity Foundation is the owner of The Algemeiner Journal. Simon Jacobson is Publisher & Executive Director, Dovid Efune is the Managing Director of the foundation.
The Algemeiner is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and is funded by private donors. The advisory board members are listed as Martin Peretz, Abraham Foxman, and Malcolm Hoenlein, among others. The Algemeiner’s board is chaired by Gershon’s oldest son Simon Jacobson. Revenue is derived through advertising and donations.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Algemeiner Journal publishes news and analysis related to Jewish issues in the United States and around the world. They republish articles from Jewish News Syndicate (JNS), such as here. They also utilize Reuters in their articles such as “Israel Welcomes End to Convicted US Spy Pollard’s Travel Ban.” Most content is original and utilizes moderate loaded language such as this “German Synagogue Attacked by Neo-Nazi Gunman Was Poorly Protected by Authorities, Expert Tells Trial”. For the most part, they favor right-leaning positions such as this story that is critical of a Biden Presidency “A Biden Presidency Could Be Bad for Israel.” They also favor the right-leaning Netanyahu government “Netanyahu Indictments Are Shifting Few Israeli Voters.” In general the news is reported factually and with a right-leaning editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate The Algemeiner Journal Right-Center biased based on an editorial bias that moderately favors the right and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (11/25/2016) Updated (M. Huiting 11/22/2020)
Last Updated on November 22, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Daily Source Bias Check: Emirates 24/7by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 8:01 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am