Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information, therefore fact checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
Update: This source is no longer online.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
The Crusader Journal bills itself as “The Worlds Online Newspaper.” The Crusader Journal has a vague about page that does not list who owns and operates this website. This website is very deceptive in that 90% of the articles are aggregated from least biased source, Reuters. Other articles and Op-Eds come from either Staff, Chris Begley or Paul Begley, who is an apocalyptic prophecy pastor from Illinois. A search for Paul Begley shows that he has a large media presence that reaches 23 million homes. The News tab on Paul Begley’s website links directly to The Crusader Journal, which leads us to believe they are one and the same.
In review, The Crusader Journal mostly publishes credible least biased news from Reuters, however, articles are written by Staff, Paul Begley, and his brother Chris Begley are not rooted in fact and are either conspiratorial or pseudoscience. For example, this article by Chris Begley reports on how the earth will collide with Planet X in 2018: Shock Claim: Researcher says Planet X or Nibiru has already entered solar system. Obviously, there is zero credible evidence to support this claim. There are many other apocalyptic claims as well as strong right-wing bias on this website. Overall, we rate The Crusader Journal a Christian biased conspiracy-pseudoscience website. (D. Van Zandt 11/10/2017)
Last Updated on October 20, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am