Questionable Reasoning: Propaganda, Conspiracy, Poor Sourcing, False Claims, Lack of Transparency
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2020, Mic Drop Politics is an anonymously published news and conservative opinion website. The website lacks transparency as the about page presents Latin dummy text, while owners, editors, and authors are not disclosed. A mailing address in California is the only indication the site might be from the USA.
Funded by / Ownership
Mic Drop Politics lacks transparency as they do not disclose ownership. Advertising and sponsored content generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
Mic Drop Politics does not conduct original reporting; instead, they summarize news articles or directly plagiarize them without giving credit. The website publishes sports stories, international, health, and politics from sometimes credible sources such as Reuters and Questionable sources such as Just The News and the Gateway Pundit.
Editorially, political-related stories favor the right and often promote misinformation regarding Covid-19. For example, they republished an article from the Gateway Pundit titled UK HEALTH SECURITY AGENCY RELEASES DATA SHOWS MOST COVID-19 DEATHS IN ENGLAND ARE FULLY VACCINATED. This story is rated false by PolitiFact. In another story sourced from the Questionable 100% Fed Up, they demonstrate far-right bias in wording with this “After China Mitch McConnell came out yesterday with his back-stabbing, communist-loving, freedom-hating submission to his Chinese masters, many people wonder just what a contingency election would look like in Congress, thanks to real conservatives sending dueling electors to Capitol Hill.” In general, they routinely publish misinformation with a far-right editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- “German News Agency Tracks 75 Prominent Athletes Suddenly Dead Of Heart Attacks After COVID Vax” – False
Overall, we rate Mic Drop Politics far right biased and Questionable based on the promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories, poor sourcing, lack of transparency, and false claims. (D. Van Zandt 11/21/2021)
Last Updated on January 9, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Daily Source Bias Check: Emirates 24/7by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 8:01 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am