Questionable Reasoning: Propaganda, Poor Sourcing, Failed Fact Checks, Lack of Transparency
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2012, 100 Percent Fed Up is a far-right news and opinion blog. According to their about page, “We are two moms inspired by the life of Andrew Breitbart. We’re exposing the lies of the left & MSM propagandists.” They further state, “Our goal is to expose the lies and hypocrisy of the progressives in academia, the entertainment industry, and MSM through the use of social media.” Unfortunately, like most questionable sources, they do not list ownership nor authors/staff associated with the website.
Funded by / Ownership
100 Percent Fed Up does not disclose ownership on the website. However, according to The Detroit News, the website is co-owned by Tea Party activists Patty McMurray and Leisa Audette. The website does not disclose funding; however, advertising and a store sell conservative and branded merchandise.
Analysis / Bias
In review, 100 Percent Fed Up reports news with an extreme right-wing bias in reporting. All news favors the right and denigrates the left through the use of loaded emotional wording such as these: WATCH TRUMP GREETED by Huge Crowd of Jubilant Supporters in Florida (Greeted, Huge, Jubilant to promote Trump) and LIBERALS FREAK Over Discovery That Betsy DeVos’ Brother Financed Effort To Find Hillary’s Emails (“Liberals Freak” and within the article they use “crooked Hillary,” a negative connotation, in an attempt to denigrate the left). When it comes to sourcing information, 100 Percent Fed Up typically provides links to mostly mainstream sources and then follows with hyper-partisan biased opinions that favor the right. However, they also occasionally utilize right-wing conspiracy sources such as InfoWars. Politically, this website thoroughly endorses the conservative platform.
Failed Fact Checks Below is a shortlist of failed fact checks.
- $6 billion went missing from the U.S. State Department while Hillary Clinton was in charge. – Mostly False
- How the blogosphere spread and amplified the Daily Mail’s unsupported allegations of climate data manipulation – Unproven
- Democrats Bernie Sanders, Keith Ellison, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, and Nancy Pelosi refused to stand and clap for Navy SEAL widow Carryn Owens during a presidential speech. – False
- An image shows “what appears to be an official ballot box being taken away from a polling location by an unidentified civilian.” – False
Overall, we rate 100 Percent Fed Up Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias through story selection, use of poor sources, promotion of propaganda through loaded emotional wording, several failed fact checks by IFCN fact-checkers, and a complete lack of transparency. (10/21/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 12/16/2021)
Last Updated on January 5, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Australia set to get new PM after Scott Morrison’s ruling conservatives projected to lose electionby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 12:53 pm
- Biden says US has offered vaccines to North Korea but got no responseby newsfactsnetwork on May 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: International Press Instituteby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/21/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. stops controlled burns nationwide after New Mexico disasterby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 3:43 am