These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Lifezette Right biased based on story selection that always favors the right and denigrates the left. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the promotion of conspiracy theories and a poor fact check record. Lifezette is one failed fact check away from moving to the Questionable source list.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
LifeZette is a conservative American news, opinion, and commentary website based in Washington, D.C. It was founded in 2015 by conservative pundit and radio host Laura Ingraham. According to their about page “LifeZette is a for-profit and editorially independent publication.”
Funded by / Ownership
The website was purchased by the Katz Group in 2018 and funded through online advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Lifezette reports news with right-wing bias in story selection that always favors the right. On the website, the news is broken into the following right-leaning categories: Drain the Swamp, Border Security, Traditional Values, Constitutional Freedoms, and Liberal Hypocrisy. Lifezette frequently utilizes loaded emotional headlines such as this: Fake Charities Seek to Exploit One of America’s Most Vulnerable Populations (Terrible!). In general, news stories are properly sourced to credible media outlets though they have failed fact checks (see below).
Lifezette has also been accused of peddling conspiracy theories such as Billionaire George Soros being linked to voting machines and Clinton’s body count. Further, the founder of Lifezette, Laura Ingraham, has very poor track record with fact-checkers.
A factual search reveals multiple failed fact checks by IFCN fact-checkers.
- UN Backs Secret Obama Takeover of Police – FALSE
- Did Emmanuel Macron Give U.S. Liberals ‘Refugee Status’ in France? – FALSE
- Tim Kaine: ‘Whites Must Become a Minority’ – FALSE
- Headlines Spin Ukrainian Donations to Clinton Charity – FALSE
Overall, we rate Lifezette Right biased based on story selection that always favors the right and denigrates the left. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the promotion of conspiracy theories and a poor fact check record. Lifezette is one failed fact check away from moving to the Questionable source list. (10/5/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 05/31/2020)
Last Updated on May 31, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- First-quarter GDP declined 1.5%, worse than thought; jobless claims edge lowerby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 6:40 pm
- A massive new study confirms vaccinated people are still at risk of long COVIDby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 4:43 pm
- Senate GOP planning to block domestic terrorism bill that Democrats have tied to gunsby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 3:43 pm
- How the NRA evolved from backing a 1934 ban on machine guns to blocking nearly all firearm restrictions todayby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 1:47 pm
- ‘WHO Has No Authority to Dictate U.S. Health Policy’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 26, 2022 at 1:43 pm