These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using an appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate KTVQ – Billings News Least Biased based on balanced story selection and minimal editorializing. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1953, KTVQ – Billings News is a CBS-affiliated television station licensed to Baltimore, Maryland, United States. Ktvq.com is the associated website for the TV station that publishes news, sports, weather, and crime.
Funded by / Ownership
KTVQ – Billings News is owned by The E. W. Scripps Company, an American broadcasting company founded in 1878 by Edward Willis “E. W.” Scripps. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
KTVQ – Billings News covers local news, sports, weather, entertainment, and crime for the greater Billings area. Local news is reported with minimal bias, such as this: Montana abortion rights governed by state law, not SCOTUS. Like most stories, there is an embedded video from the TV station. The national news is derived from various sources, most coming from the Associated Press and Scripps National.
Editorially, they do not offer op-eds; however, they cover political news through the Associated Press and local journalists with minimal bias, such as this Could Congress or President Biden act if the Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade? In general, they present low biased, fact-based reporting.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate KTVQ – Billings News Least Biased based on balanced story selection and minimal editorializing. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 05/04/2022)
Last Updated on May 5, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm
- Schumer implores Fox News leaders to stop ‘amplification’ of ‘replacement theory’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/18/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 10:15 am
- Madison Cawthorn concedes to Chuck Edwards in North Carolinaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:43 am
- Far-right election denier Mastriano wins GOP race for governor in Pennsylvaniaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:43 am