Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information; therefore, fact-checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
- Overall, we rate Health Impact News a Quackery-level pseudoscience website for the promotion of anti-vaccination propaganda as well as chemtrails, geoengineering, and false information regarding GMOs.
Bias Rating: RIGHT CONSPIRACY-PSEUDOSCIENCE
Factual Reporting: VERY LOW
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2011, Health Impact News is an alternative medicine, holistic, and nutrition website. Sophia Media publishes them, and Brian Shilhavy is the Managing Editor. According to their about page, they “cover stories that impact your health, but that the mainstream media seldom covers.”
Read our profile on the United States government and media.
Funded by / Ownership
Health Impact News does not specify ownership; however, Sophia Media is listed as the publisher. Revenue is derived from online advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Health Impact News publishes health-related news stories that they state are alternative. Our analysis concurs that they are certainly an alternative to conventional science and medicine. They are fiercely anti-vaccine with articles such as this: Dangerous Vaccines Found to Cause Symptoms of Shaken Baby Syndrome. This story comes from the discredited VacTruth website. They also routinely publish anti-GMO propaganda such as this. They are also purveyors of misinformation regarding Chemtrails and Geoengineering such as Covert Chemical Geoengineering Programs – A Real Threat to Public Health.
Health Impact News often republished content from disreputable sources such as Mercola, Children’s Health Defense, and Natural News. Finally, during the Covid-19 pandemic, they frequently published or misleading information. See failed fact checks below for details.
Failed Fact Checks
- “6000% Increase in Reported Vaccine Deaths 1st Quarter 2021 Compared to 1st Quarter 2020” – False
- Formerly healthy people are suffering serious harm or even dying from taking the flu shot – Inaccurate
- Baseless Conspiracy Theories Claim New Coronavirus Was Bioengineered – No Evidence
- 181 Dead in the U.S. During 2 Week Period From Experimental COVID Injections – False
- The high-dose Fluzone vaccine caused the deaths of 23 senior citizens during a clinical trial. – False
- See More Failed Fact Checks
Overall, we rate Health Impact News a Quackery-level pseudoscience website for the promotion of anti-vaccination propaganda as well as chemtrails, geoengineering, and false information regarding GMOs. (D. Van Zandt 8/10/2016) Updated (06/03/2022)
Last Updated on May 24, 2023 by Media Bias Fact Check
Left vs. Right Bias: How we rate the bias of media sources