Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information; therefore, fact-checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
- Overall, we rate Vaccine Impact a Quackery level pseudoscience website for the promotion of anti-vaccination propaganda.
Bias Rating: RIGHT CONSPIRACY-PSEUDOSCIENCE
Factual Reporting: VERY LOW
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Vaccine Impact is a news and information website that promotes pseudoscience, such as anti-vaccination propaganda. According to their about page, Vaccine Impact is a part of the Health Impact News network. It is a sub-topic in their “Medicine Watch” category. Health Impact News is an alternative medicine, holistic, and nutrition website. Sophia Media publishes them, and Brian Shilhavy is the Managing Editor. According to their about page, they “cover stories that impact your health, but that the mainstream media seldom covers.”
Funded by / Ownership
Vaccine Impact is owned by Health Impact News who does not specify ownership; however, Sophia Media is listed as the publisher. Revenue is derived from online advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Vaccine Impact publishes health-related news stories that they state are alternative. Our analysis concurs that they are certainly an alternative to conventional science and medicine. They are fiercely anti-vaccine with articles such as this: Vaccine Awareness Week: Fighting the Vaccine Culture War and Opposing Mandatory Vaccines. They also promote misinformation regarding Covid-19, such as this California ER Physicians: Sheltering in Place Does More Harm than Good – Lowers Our Immune System. In general, this is an anti-vaccination website that the discredited Health Impact News owns.
Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, Vaccine Impact published false and misleading claims.
Failed Fact Checks
- Analysis of “Fetal DNA Contaminants Found in Merck’s MMR Vaccines” – Low Scientific Credibility
- Simple cola produced a positive result in the COVID-19 rapid antigen tests, proving mass testing worthless – Incorrect
- Bill Gates Charged with Murder for COVID-19 Vaccine Death in India’s High Court – Death Penalty Sought – False
- COVID-19 vaccines caused a 40% increase in deaths identified by a life insurance company. – False
Overall, we rate Vaccine Impact a Quackery-level pseudoscience website for the promotion of anti-vaccination propaganda. (D. Van Zandt 5/02/2020) Updated (02/12/2022)
Last Updated on February 12, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- First-quarter GDP declined 1.5%, worse than thought; jobless claims edge lowerby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 6:40 pm
- A massive new study confirms vaccinated people are still at risk of long COVIDby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 4:43 pm
- Senate GOP planning to block domestic terrorism bill that Democrats have tied to gunsby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 3:43 pm
- How the NRA evolved from backing a 1934 ban on machine guns to blocking nearly all firearm restrictions todayby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 1:47 pm
- ‘WHO Has No Authority to Dictate U.S. Health Policy’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 26, 2022 at 1:43 pm