Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information; therefore fact-checking and further investigation is recommended on a per-article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
- Overall, we rate Health Nut News a Tin Foil Hat Conspiracy and Quackery level Pseudoscience website based on the frequent publication of misleading, unproven, or outright false claims regarding health and medicine.
Bias Rating: RIGHT CONSPIRACY-PSEUDOSCIENCE
Factual Reporting: VERY LOW
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in January 2014 by Erin Elizabeth, Health Nut News is an alternative medicine and health website that routinely promotes pseudoscience. Erin Elizabeth is the girlfriend of Dr. Joseph Mercola, who is a well-known promoter of pseudoscience and conspiracy theories. According to their about page, “As a long-time “health nut,” author and public speaker Erin Elizabeth has had a passion for the healing arts for nearly 25 years. Erin began Health Nut News in January 2014 with humble beginnings.”
The website lists only Erin Elizabeth as the author/poster of the articles.
Funded by / Ownership
Health Nut News is owned by Erin Elizabeth and derives revenue from online advertising and the sale of health-related products.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Health Nut News (Erin Elizabeth) is a website that publishes news on alternative health, the environment, recipes, and politics. Headlines often feature strong emotional language such as this: Connecticut DCF punishing Tennessee parents for taking their story public? Refuse to let parents visit baby. This story comes directly from Health Impact News, which is a Conspiracy and Pseudoscience website that promotes anti-vaccine propaganda, as well as chemtrail conspiracies. Health Nut News frequently utilizes unreliable sources such as Mercola and Natural News, which both have numerous false claims attributed to them.
In general, HHN frequently promotes Anti-Vaccination propaganda and consistently insists on a link between Autism and vaccines, which is not supported by science. HHN also rejects the consensus of science regarding chemtrails and GMOs. They also promote conspiracy theories such as the Government suppressing cures for cancer to control the population. Lastly, Erin Elizabeth dreamed up a conspiracy theory that holistic Doctors are being killed, supposedly by the pharmaceutical industry. Needless to say, this has been thoroughly debunked.
Failed Fact Checks (a small sample of many)
- “Coronavirus horror: Volunteer in Oxford University’s COVID-19 vaccine trial DIES” – False
- The vice president of Pfizer said human papillomavirus vaccine Gardasil is “deadly.” – False
- Each of these ingredients [thimerosal, ovalbumin, formaldehyde, sodium deoxycholate] is a known neurotoxin. – Incorrect
- Do flu vaccines contain 25,000 times more mercury than is legally allowed in drinking water? – False
- “Doctors who discovered cancer enzymes in vaccines all found murdered.” – Pants on Fire
- The test of a 5G cellular network is the cause of unexplained bird deaths occurring in a park in The Hague, Netherlands. – False
Overall, we rate Health Nut News a Tin Foil Hat Conspiracy and Quackery level Pseudoscience website based on the frequent publication of misleading, unproven, or outright false claims regarding health and medicine. (D. Van Zandt 11/22/2016) Updated (12/16/2022)
Last Updated on May 24, 2023 by Media Bias Fact Check
Do you appreciate our work? Please consider one of the following ways to sustain us.