Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2005 by John and Jennifer Garrett, Community Impact is a group of news websites serving local communities in Houston, Austin, Dallas, Atlanta, Nashville, and Phoenix. Each city is then broken down into small communities within the city. The total number of subcommunity pages is 34. Community Impact states its mission as “To build communities of informed citizens and thriving businesses through the collaboration of a passionate team.”
Funded by / Ownership
John and Jennifer Garrett own Community Impact Newspaper Company. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
Community Impact publishes original reporting on the communities they serve. Articles and headlines use minimal emotional wording such as this Vacancy rates climb for fifth straight quarter in Northwest Austin. Like all we reviewed, this article is properly sourced to firsthand accounts, interviews, and credible sources such as the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Community Impact does not publish op-eds and heavily focuses on business news such as this Texas State Optical celebrates one year of business in Buda. Finally, the websites provide news on local government written with a neutral tone, such as this John Escoto sworn in to Shenandoah City Council. In general, the news is reported factually and with minimal bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Community Impact Least Biased based on minimal editorializing and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 6/3/2021)
Last Updated on February 11, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 3, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: American People Dailyby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 3, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Black America Webby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: WFMZby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 1, 2022 at 8:00 am