A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate GOP.gov a Questionable source based on a complete lack of transparency and consistent publication of right wing propaganda.
Reasoning: Propaganda, Complete lack of Transparency
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
As of this date, not a single item on the pledge was ever accomplished and as of 2014 all information regarding the pledge had been removed from the website.
Funded by / Ownership
The GOP.gov website does not disclose ownership or funding, again completely lacking transparency.
Analysis / Bias
In review, GOP.gov provides a list of all Republican Representatives as well information regarding their annual conference. The website also provides news stories that always favor the right with loaded emotional headlines such as this: Desperate Pelosi Claims She Has An Agenda. This article does not offer an author and is not well written. In another article POLL: Dems’ Far Left Policies Out of Touch With Rest of the Country, there is proper sourcing, but it is hard to believe that a so called official Government site would write such a short and minimal detailed message. A general search of GOP.gov also does not cover any stories with search authority.
In general, this an informational website for the GOP that provides right biased news and completely lacks transparency.
Overall, we rate GOP.gov a Questionable source based on a complete lack of transparency and consistent publication of right wing propaganda. (D. Van Zandt 10/8/2019)
Last Updated on April 8, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am