These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate ConservativeHQ right biased based on story selection and editorial positions that always favor the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of sources that are on our questionable list for failed fact checks as well as a moderate lack of transparency with authors.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 44/180
Founded in 1999, by Richard Art Viguerie, who is an American conservative figure, pioneer of political direct mail and writer on politics. He currently serves as thechairman of ConservativeHQ.com and is the author of the book “Conservatives Betrayed: How George W. Bush and Other Big Government Republicans Hijacked the Conservative Cause.” According to their about page “The purpose of ConservativeHQ.com is to undo the damage caused by the Republicans who’ve betrayed the conservative cause. ConservativeHQ.com is the only Web site completely devoted to relaunching the conservative movement.”
The website is moderately transparent as they list authors, but do not provide bios and ownership is not clearly defined.
Funded by / Ownership
ConservativeHQ is owned by Richard A. Viguerie and revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, ConservativeHQ provides a combination of original reporting as well as links to outside sources. Original reporting is often credited to staff such as this Obama’s Ghost Haunts Coronavirus Response. This story, like some is completely unsourced to credible outside information. The website also features a section called “Assault on America”, which seems to date to the time when Democrats took over the House of Representatives in November of 2018. For example this story: Assault on America, Day 436: Questions debate moderators should ask Bernie & Joe on Sunday is sourced properly to a wide variety of sources including CNN, Business Insider, Washington Times and the Questionable CNS News. Other news is directly linked to outside right leaning sources such as National Review, Townhall and the New York Post.
A factual search reveals they have not been fact checked by an IFCN fact checker.
Overall, we rate ConservativeHQ right biased based on story selection and editorial positions that always favor the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of sources that are on our questionable list for failed fact checks as well as a moderate lack of transparency with authors. (D. Van Zandt 7/18/2016) Updated (3/13/2020)
Last Updated on July 2, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am