A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, overt propaganda, poor or no sourcing to credible information and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the notes section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
Has this Media Source failed a fact check? LET US KNOW HERE.
The Conservative Tribune displays extreme right wing/conservative bias through the use a strongly loaded emotional wording such as this “Scalise Digs Up Obama Dirt, Uses It To Completely Destroy Trump’s Russia Critics.” The CT sources their information either through videos, tweets and occasionally factually mixed sources such as the Daily Wire. Story selection always favors the right while denigrating the left.
A factual search reveals numerous failed fact checks.
- Website wrongly says Obama plans to take $3,000 from every American – Mostly False
- What Obama Just Did to the White House Logo – False
- Did a Law Professor Claim the 2017 Solar Eclipse is ‘Racist’? – False
- ‘Animal Brothels’ Open in Germany as Migrant Population Hits 22 Percent? – False
- Conservative Tribune post falsely claims cancelled Arctic research cruise is evidence against climate change – False
These failed fact checks are a small sample of the dozen plus from IFCN Fact Checkers.
Overall, we rate the Conservative Tribune Questionable based on extreme right wing bias and numerous failed fact checks. (7/18/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 7/26/2018)
We signed the Pro-Truth Pledge:
please hold us accountable.
Ads do not necessarily reflect the views of MBFC