These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate The Columbia Daily Herald Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
The Columbia Daily Herald, or The Daily Herald, is a daily newspaper founded in 1848, based in Columbia, Tennessee. The Columbia Daily Herald covers both international and national news and news local to its circulation area.
Funded by / Ownership
The Daily Herald is owned by Gannett (Gatehouse Media), which publishes USA Today. In August 2019, Gatehouse Media purchased and merged with Gannett becoming the largest newspaper chain in the USA. After the merger, the companies retained the Gannett name. Advertising and subscription fees generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Daily Herald covers news, sports, lifestyle, and entertainment for the greater Columbia, Tennessee area. Local news is reported with minimal loaded emotional language, such as this Center of Hope director named Citizen of the Year in Best of Maury County contest. National and international news comes from other Gannett publications and the Associated Press.
The Daily Herald does not make Presidential endorsements; however, a review of op-eds shows that both sides are represented.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate The Columbia Daily Herald Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (M. Huitsing 10/27/2017) Updated (10/6/2021)
Last Updated on October 6, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am