These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Liberty Unyielding strongly Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that almost always favor the right. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting due to a clean fact check record, but not “High” factual due to the occasional use of sources that have failed fact checks.
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2012, Liberty Unyielding is a conservative website that publishes original content as well as aggregated news from other sources. According to their about page “Liberty Unyielding is committed to bringing together voices that will fuel the flame of liberty, with a dialogue that is lively and informative.” The current Editor-In-Chief is Howard Portnoy.
Funded by / Ownership
Liberty Unyielding does not disclose ownership on the website. Revenue is derived from advertising and an online store that sells conservative merchandise.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Liberty Unyielding publishes conservative news and opinions from original authors as well as aggregated sources. Original content typically uses loaded emotional headlines that favor the right and denigrate the left such as this: A testy Biden pushes Charlottesville lie; here’s video proving him and other libs wrong. This story is sourced to The Mental Recession, which we have not reviewed at this time. Many other original stories focus on crimes committed by migrants such as this: Illegal alien whose struggles CNN once sympathetically chronicled accused of killing father of five. This story is appropriately sourced to the local media outlet, ABC Denver. Several examples can be found here. When reporting on science Liberty Unyielding does not reject the consensus of science regarding climate change, although they may be skeptical of left-leaning solutions: New proposal to combat climate change: Plant a trillion trees. Further, when reporting on vaccinations they typically rely on other sources that range from left to right and are pro-vaccination.
Liberty Unyielding also republishes from other sources such as the factually Mixed Daily Caller. They also have a section called the LU Web Crawler, which links to conservative news stories from a wide range of credible sources such as The Hill, Washington Post, Rasmussen, and sometimes Questionable sources such as Breitbart and Life News. Lastly, the website features a blog roll of other right biased sources such as Hot Air and Newsbusters. In general, Liberty Unyielding presents news with a strong right-wing conservative bias and occasionally uses poor sources.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check. Liberty Unyielding is listed on Zimdars’ fake news list, which does not make sense as they have not failed a fact check. This appears to be an unfair characterization that lacks evidence.
Overall, we rate Liberty Unyielding strongly Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that almost always favor the right. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting due to a clean fact check record, but not “High” factual due to the occasional use of sources that have failed fact checks. (11/18/2016) Updated (6/06/2020)
Last Updated on October 10, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Black Main Streetby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/24/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 24, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: WCAXby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 24, 2022 at 8:00 am