These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Arutz Sheva Right-Center biased based on editorial positions that align with the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to two failed fact checks and deceptive practices through a fake photo.
Bias Rating: RIGHT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: MODERATE FREEDOM
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Arutz Sheva (Channel 7), also known in English as Israel National News, is an Israeli media network identifying with Religious Zionism. It offers online news in Hebrew, English, and Russian, including 24-hour updated text news, live streaming radio, video, and free podcasts.
Funded by / Ownership
HolyLand Holdings Ltd owns Artuz Sheva. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
Artuz Sheva publishes news with minimal bias in wording such as this Biden to Rivlin: Iran will never get a nuclear weapon on my watch. The website frequently promotes Zionism, such as this ‘Zionism is alive on the hills of Samaria.’
When reporting international news, Arutz Sheva uses staff writers as well as Reuters. More articles tend to favor former president Donald Trump/Republicans through more positive wording and story selection.
Editorially, they promote a strong pro-Israeli Zionist bias. Further, they report favorably on former President Netanyahu; Netanyahu sounds off on Bennett: ‘Too soft on Iran’. Finally, Arutz Sheva was found by Reuters to have used a deepfake photo for one of their journalists.
Failed Fact Checks
- Twitter has banned users from displaying the Star of David in their profile pictures. – Mostly False
- Natural immunity is far superior to COVID-19 vaccines – Misleading
- 80% Of Serious COVID Cases In Israel ARE among Fully Vaccinated, says Dr. Yaakov Jerris. – False
Overall, we rate Arutz Sheva Right-Center biased based on editorial positions that align with the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to two failed fact checks and deceptive practices through a fake photo. (D. Van Zandt 7/25/2017) Updated (03/04/2022)
Last Updated on March 4, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Analysis of Hunter Biden’s hard drive shows he, his firm took in about $11 million from 2013 to 2018, spent it fastby newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 3:06 pm
- Monkeypox is spreading around the world. What is the disease and how dangerous is it?by newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 2:04 pm
- Finland’s gas flows from Russia to be shut off from Saturday, energy provider saysby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:40 pm
- Fact Check: High U.S. Gas Prices In 2022 Are NOT Related To Closed Pipelinesby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:18 pm
- Project Veritas says the FBI declared it part of mediaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:14 pm