These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using an appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate the Biloxi Sun Herald Least Biased based on a reasonably balanced editorial page and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1884, The Biloxi Sun Herald is a U.S. newspaper based in Biloxi, Mississippi, that serves readers along the Mississippi Gulf Coast. The paper’s current headquarters is in the city of Gulfport.
The Sun Herald was awarded the 2006 Pulitzer Prize for Public Service and The Times-Picayune of New Orleans for coverage of Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath. The current editor is Blake Kaplan.
Funded by / Ownership
The Sun Herald is owned by Chatham Asset Management, a New Jersey-based hedge fund with a significant equity stake in Postmedia and majority ownership of American Media Inc. In 2020, Chatham Asset Management bought the McClatchy Company, which owned numerous newspapers around the USA and has won several Pulitzer Prizes. Advertising and subscription fees generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Biloxi Sun Herald covers local news via journalists with minimal bias, such as this: He killed a man for cash and a car, but Coast judge considered previous crimes at sentencing. The national news is provided through the Associated Press. All information is properly sourced to credible media outlets. Editorially, the Sun Herald typically does not endorse candidates. Op-Eds offer both right and left-leaning perspectives; however, slightly more tend to favor the left, such as this: President Trump, we’re not ‘enemies of the people.’ End your war on our free press.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Biloxi Sun Herald Least Biased based on a reasonably balanced editorial page and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 2/15/2019) Updated (04/01/2022)
Last Updated on April 1, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm
- Schumer implores Fox News leaders to stop ‘amplification’ of ‘replacement theory’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 11:54 am