These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence-based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased, and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer-reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
- Overall, the APA is a Pro-Science source that properly sourced all information.
Bias Rating: PRO-SCIENCE
Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
Credibility: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1892, The American Psychological Association (APA) is the largest scientific and professional organization of psychologists in the United States, with over 118,000 members, including scientists, educators, clinicians, consultants, and students. According to their about page, the mission is to “promote the advancement, communication, and application of psychological science and knowledge to benefit society and improve lives.”
Funded by / Ownership
The APA is a non-profit organization that discloses financial information here. Funding is derived from membership fees as well as donations.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the American Psychological Association website serves as a portal of information for those interested in one of the fields of Psychology. They offer information by topic with minimal bias, such as this: Science of Psychology. They also publish news from scientific journals: Music Students Score Better in Math, Science, English Than Nonmusical Peers. This research comes from the Journal of Educational Psychology.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, the APA is a Pro-Science source that properly sourced all information. (D. Van Zandt 6/10/2019) Updated (02/11/2022)
Last Updated on February 11, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am