Reasoning: Extreme Right, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Hate Group
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Founded in 2017, AltRight.com is a Virginia based Alt-Right blog run by Richard Spencer and Daniel Friberg. The intent of the site according to their about page is “AltRight.com brings together the best writers and analysts from the Alt-Right, in North America, Europe, and around the world.”
AltRight.com publishes stories under the categories of Culture, Perspective, and Policy. They also broadcast propaganda videos under the category show and have a category called AltRight Plus, which is a subscription based membership area.
Richard Spencer, according to his interview with The Atlantic titled “His Kampf ”stated “The long-term goal, is the establishment of a “post-American” white “ethno-state,” through a slow process of awakening ethnic pride and instituting government policies that reflect a new white race consciousness.”
Richard Spencer was a supporter of President Donald Trump during the 2016 election. However, Spencer is now critical of President Trump due to his interventionist foreign policy, such as: “Stay Out Of Syria.“
Funded by / Ownership
AltRight.com is owned by Richard Spencer.
Analysis / Bias
In review, AltRight.com utilizes emotionally loaded language both in their headlines and in their articles such as “Donald Trump has, sadly, failed to fulfill his potential as an agent of change.” They often publish articles with sensational headlines using loaded language such as “Ted Cruz and the Circle of Political Cuckoldry” and “We are going to take down the Globo-Corpo-Homo-Judeo Industrial Complex.” Typically, AltRight.com utilizes discredited sources such as the dailymail.co.uk and conspiracy sites such as zerohedge.com, and questionable sources such as dangerandplay.com and GotNews.
AltRight.com also republishes stories from the questionable National Policy Institute, which is a white supremacist think tank based in Alexandria, Virginia and founded by William Regnery II.
As of this update they have not published a new article in over 1 year, but still have an internet presence.
Overall, we rate AltRight.com Questionable based on the use of poor sources, an extreme right wing bias, promotion of propaganda and affiliation with groups that are labeled as a hate group. (M. Huitsing 4/15/2018) Updated (8/29/2019)
Last Updated on December 29, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am