Founded in 2005 by William Regnery II, The National Policy Institute (NPI) is an alt-right, white nationalist, and white supremacist think tank based in Arlington, Virginia. The current president of NPI is Richard Spencer, who is an admitted white supremacist (racist). This is a hate group according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.
Funded by / Ownership
The National Policy Institute is an organization funded through donations. NPI’s tax-exempt status was revoked in 2017 by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for failing to file tax returns. The group had not filed a Form 990 since 2013.
Analysis / Bias
In review, as of this re-review, the NPI website is minimally active with only 5 articles published in 2020. One of the latest articles from June 2020 focuses on Black Lives Matter from a negative perspective THE NEXT GREAT AWAKENING. This article is sourced from tweets from Richard Spencer. In general, the content of The National Policy Institute advocates White Nationalism.
According to the SPLC, they confirm that this organization is essentially dead in 2020: “An “alt-right” think tank run by one of the country’s most prominent white nationalists has mysteriously gone quiet and appears to be in disarray.”
In general, this appears to be an organization that promotes White Nationalism and racism.
Overall, we rate The National Policy Institute extreme right biased and questionable based on the promotion of misleading information regarding immigrants and minorities as well as hate group classification by third parties. (D. Van Zandt 10/6/2016) Updated (9/2/2020)
Last Updated on December 3, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect posted an apparent manifesto repeatedly citing ‘Great Replacement’ theoryby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 9:43 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Rodong Sinmunby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 7:26 am