These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate Air Force Times Least Biased based on balanced news reporting and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1947, Air Force Times is a part of the Sightline Media Group, formerly known as the Army Times Publishing Company, which first published Army Times in 1940. Sightline Media Group also publishes The Military Times group, which comprises four bimonthly newspapers. These are Army Times (founded 1940), Navy Times (founded 1951), Air Force Times (founded 1947), and Marine Corps Times. Please note that these are not US government publications. The Executive Editor of Air Force Times is Andrew Tilghman.
The Air Force Times provides news and information, daily newsletters, video content, and podcasts to the U.S. military community.
Sightline Media Group is based in Northern Virginia. Peter Lundquist is the president of Sightline Media Group, and David Smith is the vice president and general manager for all of Sightline’s business brands: Defense News, Federal Times, and C4ISR & Networks.
Funded by / Ownership
Air Force Times is owned by Sightline Media Group, formerly owned by Gannett Company, which is best known for its flagship national newspaper USA Today. Currently, Sightline Media Group is owned by Regent, L.P. Regent is a private equity firm based in Los Angeles/California. Air Force Times is funded through advertising and subscription fees.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Air Force Times covers military news and defense policy with the use of minimally loaded language such as this: “Making Air Force One great again” and “Transgender airman: ‘I would like to see them try to kick me out of my military.’” All articles are properly sourced to credible media outlets such as the Associated Press, Politico, Reuters, Military Times, and .gov sites. Editorially, they are balanced with primarily centrist views that slightly lean left on the issues of gender and lean right in their support of military strength. Air Force Times generally covers military news with very low bias in reporting.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Air Force Times Least Biased based on balanced news reporting and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information. (M. Huitsing 4/18/2019) Updated (01/09/2022)
Last Updated on January 9, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am