These media sources are moderate to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information reporting that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate MeidasTouch Left Biased based on the negative portrayal of Donald Trump and Republicans and the promotion of Democratic candidates. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to a lack of transparency with funding and the publication of one-sided content that can be misleading.
Bias Rating: LEFT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Launched in 2020 and based in California, MeidasTouch is a SuperPac founded by three brothers; Ben Meiselas, Brett Meiselas, and Jordan Meiselas. Their about page says, “Ben is a lawyer; Brett a video editor; and Jordan a marketing supervisor.” In summary, MeidasTouch’s ultimate mission is to defeat President Donald Trump in the 2020 elections. They hope to achieve this by producing viral videos on social media. They state, “When Trump lies or spreads propaganda, we will always be there to produce rapid-response videos to take the oxygen out of his messaging.”
Funded by / Ownership
MeidasTouch is owned by MeidasTouch LLC, which has three brothers; Ben Meiselas, Jordan Meiselas, and Brett Meiselas. Revenue is derived from donations and merchandise sales. When it comes to transparency regarding its finances, such as Donors and Expenditures, please see The Federal Election Commission (FEC) “Campaign Finance Data” and Open Secrets summary Data. As of 8/13/2020, they have spent $267,253 against Republicans and $0 against Democrats.
Analysis / Bias
In review, MeidasTouch mainly releases viral ads criticizing Donald Trump and his administration. For example, an ad was released on July 8, 2020, criticizing the President with a headline that reads “Creepy Trump” and another ad with the headline ‘Trump Emptied Stadiums.’ A strongly emotional quote from the text summary of the “Creepy Trump” video reads, “Donald Trump is a disgusting and creepy individual whose predatory behavior is well-documented. Trump and his crumbling regime of scoundrels and liars seek to use the label on others, but there is no one creepier than Donald Trump.”
MeidasTouch also publishes essays such as “Trump’s Weakness: Narcissistic Personality Disorder.” In this essay, they source credible media outlets such as the Mayo Clinic, Reuters, and The Washington Post. Typically, they report on the Democratic Party, Joe Biden, and VP nominee Kamala Harris favorably, such as here. Finally, MeidasTouch also partners with LGBTQ+ Political Org, where together they released the ad “Enough is Enough.” In general, MeidasTouch creates political ads with a strong left-leaning bias that negatively portrays Donald Trump. While the information presented is rooted in fact, utilizing Trump’s own words, it is often completely one-sided and misleading due to a lack of context.
Failed Fact Checks
Overall, we rate MeidasTouch Left Biased based on the negative portrayal of Donald Trump and Republicans and the promotion of Democratic candidates. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to a lack of transparency with funding and the publication of one-sided content that can be misleading. (M. Huitsing 8/14/2020) Updated (03/17/2022)
Last Updated on March 17, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Australia set to get new PM after Scott Morrison’s ruling conservatives projected to lose electionby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 12:53 pm
- Biden says US has offered vaccines to North Korea but got no responseby newsfactsnetwork on May 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: International Press Instituteby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/21/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. stops controlled burns nationwide after New Mexico disasterby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 3:43 am