Each day Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. When appropriate we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
|FALSE||Claim by Sonia Sotomayor: “We have over 100,000 children, which we’ve never had before, in serious condition, and many on ventilators” due to the coronavirus.
The Dispatch rating: False (At the time she made this comment, federal data showed that fewer than 5,000 coronavirus-positive children were in the hospital. In fact, fewer than 83,000 children have been hospitalized for COVID-19 — cumulatively — since August 2020.)
|Claim by Dr. Rober Malone: “mass formation psychosis” is a phenomenon that occurred in 1920s and 30s Germany when a highly educated population “went barking mad, and that is what’s happened here,” he said, referring to the COVID-19 pandemic
Reuters Fact Check rating: False (Crackpottery that is completely made it up!)
|FALSE||Claim by Rand Paul (R): “No one has been hospitalized for” the omicron variant of COVID-19.”
Politifact rating: False (Two studies published before the ad began running cited hundreds of omicron hospitalizations.)
|FALSE||Claim via social media: only 56 people die per day from COVID-19.
Check Your Fact rating: False (it has been 100+ since March 23, 2020)
|FALSE||Claim by Alpha News: “Data from around the world suggests that omicron favors the fully vaccinated.”
Politifact rating: False (Infectious disease experts said that the omicron variant of COVID-19 does not favor vaccinated people.)
|FALSE||(International: Australia): The Premier of Western Australia faked getting the third dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Logically rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. Covid-19 Cases Top 7-Day Average Of 100,000 For First Time Since Februaryby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 8:44 am