These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate the Herald-Dispatch Least Biased based on balanced story selection and only a slightly left-leaning editorial page. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1909, The Herald-Dispatch is a daily broadsheet newspaper that serves Huntington, West Virginia, and neighboring communities in southern Ohio and eastern Kentucky. The current publisher is Edward Dawson.
Funded by / Ownership
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Herald-Dispatch covers local news through the use of reporters and journalists. National news is covered by the Associated Press. With local news, there is minimal use of loaded language such as this: West Virginia population drops for 6th straight year. All information is properly sourced to credible media. Editorially, the Herald-Dispatch tends to endorse more Democratic candidates. The opinion pages also reflect a reasonable balance of views with just a slight advantage to left-leaning views.
A factual search reveals the Herald-Dispatch has not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate the Herald-Dispatch Least Biased based on balanced story selection and only a slightly left-leaning editorial page. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 12/20/2018)
Last Updated on October 29, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm
- Schumer implores Fox News leaders to stop ‘amplification’ of ‘replacement theory’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 11:54 am