A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate We The People Daily Questionable based on Extreme Right Wing Bias, Promotion of Propaganda, Use of Poor Sources, potential Plagiarism and a complete Lack of Transparency.
Reasoning: Extreme Right, Propaganda, Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2019, We The People Daily is a hyper-partisan conservative news and opinion website. This website completely lacks transparency as they do not have an about page, nor disclose owners or editors. Further, their contact form is broken. The only information we could obtain is from a domain search that reveals they are based in Wisconsin, USA.
Funded by / Ownership
We The People Daily does not disclose ownership and revenue appears to be derived from advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, We The People Daily does not produce original news content, but rather republishes entire articles from other right biased sources. We are not sure how they get away with this as it is blatant plagiarism and theft of copyrighted material. The website offers a disclaimer on their Terms and Conditions page that reads: “The Content within the Site includes copyrighted works proprietary to us or to third-parties who have provided us with Content (“Content Providers”).” Perhaps this source does have agreements with all of these sources or maybe not.
We The People Daily occasionally publishes opinion pieces with a far-right perspective such as this: AOC in Hot Water as Federal Investigation May End Her Career. This story references information from Fox News. When republishing other outlet’s stories they often keep the original headline or manipulate it slightly to make it more sensational. A review of a few sources they republish are as follows:
- Breitbart (Questionable)
- Big League Politics (Questionable)
- Red State (Right- Mixed)
- Gateway Pundit (Questionable)
- Great American Daily (Questionable)
In general, We The People Daily publishes news and opinion stories that 100% favor the right, while frequently denigrating the left with loaded emotional language.
Overall, we rate We The People Daily Questionable based on Extreme Right Wing Bias, Promotion of Propaganda, Use of Poor Sources, potential Plagiarism, and a complete Lack of Transparency. (D. Van Zandt 12/20/2019)
Last Updated on November 18, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am