These sources consist of legitimate science. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer reviewed science. See all Pro-Science sources.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Notes: The Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS) is a nonprofit science advocacy organization based in the United States. While the UCS is generally a good scientific source they do move slightly against the consensus on GMO, solar and a few other issues. They have been criticized for having a political/financial bias. Despite that, the good outweighs the bad with this source and we consider them Pro-Science.
Latest from the Union of Concerned Scientists
- Secretary of Agriculture Pick is Quintessential Big Ag and Wrong Choice for Farmers, Workers and Eaters, Says Science Group January 19, 2017 6:52 pm
- Maine Scientists Tell Sens. Collins and King Pruitt “Unacceptable Choice” January 19, 2017 2:26 pm
- California Air Resources Board’s Review of Advanced Clean Cars Program Recommends Stronger Future Standards January 18, 2017 9:14 pm
- Science Group Offers Reaction to Perry’s Nomination Hearing for Energy Secretary Position January 18, 2017 7:49 pm
- EPA’s Determination on Vehicle Efficiency Will Ensure Continued Progress, Benefits January 12, 2017 9:00 pm
- Pruitt an “Unacceptable Choice,” Ohio Scientists Tell Sen. Portman January 12, 2017 8:56 pm
- Biden Announces Reduction in US Nuclear Stockpile, Expresses Support for No-First-Use Policy January 12, 2017 4:52 pm
- Pruitt an “Unacceptable Choice,” Tennessee Scientists Tell Sens. Alexander and Corker January 11, 2017 10:54 pm
- New House Bill Would Make Protecting Public Health and Safety Impossible January 11, 2017 8:25 pm
- Tillerson A Twisted Choice for Secretary of State and Future Leader of US Climate Action, Says Science Group January 11, 2017 2:27 pm