These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias, but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Notes: The Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS) is a nonprofit science advocacy organization based in the United States. While the UCS is generally a good scientific source they do move slightly against the consensus on GMO, solar and a few other issues. They have been criticized for having a political/financial bias. Despite that, the good outweighs the bad with this source and we consider them Pro-Science.
Latest from the Union of Concerned Scientists
- Over 100 New York Scientists Urge NY Attorney General to Pursue ExxonMobil Investigation to the Fullest Extent of the Law April 21, 2017 6:29 pm
- New UCS Analysis Ranks State Progress Transitioning to Clean Energy April 20, 2017 4:00 am
- El nuevo análisis de UCS clasifica el progreso de los estados en la transición hacia la energía limpia April 20, 2017 4:00 am
- Weakening Methane Rule Would Come at Cost to Climate, Health April 19, 2017 5:19 pm
- Rosen’s Record Shows He’s the Wrong Choice for Transportation April 5, 2017 2:27 pm
- EPA Withheld Analysis of Major Legislation from Congress April 4, 2017 9:08 pm
- House Bills Would Undermine Science, Cripple Public Health and Safety Protections March 28, 2017 7:55 pm
- Anticipated Trump Executive Order Will Ignore Science on Climate Change, Endanger Americans March 28, 2017 2:49 pm
- California Air Resources Board Holds Steady on Clean-Car Standards March 24, 2017 9:34 pm
- White House Budget Slashes USDA Funding, May Cut Popular Conservation Programs March 16, 2017 4:03 pm