These sources consist of legitimate science. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer reviewed science. See all Pro-Science sources.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Notes: The Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS) is a nonprofit science advocacy organization based in the United States. While the UCS is generally a good scientific source they do move slightly against the consensus on GMO, solar and a few other issues. They have been criticized for having a political/financial bias. Despite that, the good outweighs the bad with this source and we consider them Pro-Science.
Latest from the Union of Concerned Scientists
- Lawmakers Ignored Pruitt’s Record February 17, 2017 3:30 pm
- California’s Oroville Dam Crisis Illustrates Need to Plan for More Extreme Weather February 13, 2017 10:25 pm
- What Does the Self-Driving Vehicle Future Look Like? February 13, 2017 2:46 pm
- Trump Reportedly Calls New START ‘Bad Deal’ in Call with Putin February 9, 2017 8:51 pm
- Hasty Dakota Access Pipeline Approval Disrespects Community Needs, Scientific Process February 8, 2017 10:42 pm
- Science Group Lauds Resignation of ExxonMobil Citizenship Board Member, Move Signals Growing Concern About Company’s Attacks on Nonprofits February 7, 2017 7:15 pm
- Pruitt Passes Out of Senate Committee—Full Senate Must Reject Him February 2, 2017 3:51 pm
- Tillerson Receives Highest “No” Vote for Secretary of State, Science Group Expects Him To Uphold Paris Agreement, Recuse Himself from Exxon-Related Matters for Full Term February 1, 2017 8:26 pm
- Chao Must Continue Progress on Climate, Build Cleaner and Fairer Transportation System January 31, 2017 6:39 pm
- To Protect Climate, Senators Must Reject Resolution Overturning Methane Rules January 30, 2017 10:54 pm