These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias, but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Notes: The Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS) is a nonprofit science advocacy organization based in the United States. While the UCS is generally a good scientific source they do move slightly against the consensus on GMO, solar and a few other issues. They have been criticized for having a political/financial bias. Despite that, the good outweighs the bad with this source and we consider them Pro-Science.
Latest from the Union of Concerned Scientists
- California Air Resources Board Holds Steady on Clean-Car Standards March 24, 2017 9:34 pm
- White House Budget Slashes USDA Funding, May Cut Popular Conservation Programs March 16, 2017 4:03 pm
- “Skinny Budget” Disregards Science, Placing Communities at Risk March 16, 2017 3:01 pm
- Republican Climate Resolution Shows Climate Change is a Bipartisan Issue March 15, 2017 3:07 pm
- Despite Overwhelming Evidence of Success, Trump Administration Stalls EPA Vehicle Standards March 15, 2017 12:02 pm
- White House’s Proposed Cuts to NOAA Will Undermine Science and Weather Forecasting Vital for Businesses, Military and States March 4, 2017 4:49 pm
- Upcoming Survey Will Show Above-Average Snowpack in California February 27, 2017 6:26 pm
- Lawmakers Ignored Pruitt’s Record February 17, 2017 3:30 pm
- California’s Oroville Dam Crisis Illustrates Need to Plan for More Extreme Weather February 13, 2017 10:25 pm
- What Does the Self-Driving Vehicle Future Look Like? February 13, 2017 2:46 pm