These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias, but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Notes: The Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS) is a nonprofit science advocacy organization based in the United States. While the UCS is generally a good scientific source they do move slightly against the consensus on GMO, solar and a few other issues. They have been criticized for having a political/financial bias. Despite that, the good outweighs the bad with this source and we consider them Pro-Science.
Latest from the Union of Concerned Scientists
- Science Group Believes USDA's Lead Scientist Should be…a Scientist May 13, 2017 6:03 pm
- Senate Defends Climate, Health by Voting Down Methane Resolution May 10, 2017 2:22 pm
- New Study Shows Diversified Crop Rotation System Could Be Adopted Widely Across Corn Belt And Increase Corn-Soy Yields While Slashing Soil Erosion and Water Pollution May 9, 2017 1:59 pm
- Trump Appoints Official Hostile to Clean Energy to Oversee Clean Energy Office May 3, 2017 7:24 pm
- Science Expected to Win Out in Latest Budget Battle, But Future Assaults Could be on the Horizon May 2, 2017 8:16 pm
- Trump EPA Web Page Removal Doesn't Change Climate Reality April 29, 2017 2:53 am
- Science-based Public Health, Safety Protections Would Be Devastated By RAA April 26, 2017 1:34 pm
- Over 100 New York Scientists Urge NY Attorney General to Pursue ExxonMobil Investigation to the Fullest Extent of the Law April 21, 2017 6:29 pm
- New UCS Analysis Ranks State Progress Transitioning to Clean Energy April 20, 2017 4:00 am
- El nuevo análisis de UCS clasifica el progreso de los estados en la transición hacia la energía limpia April 20, 2017 4:00 am