Reasoning: Extreme Right, Propaganda, Hate Group
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Concerned Women for America (CWA) is a socially conservative Christian non-profit women’s activist group in the United States. Headquartered in Washington D.C., the CWA is heavily involved in many social and political movements, through which it aims to support and incorporate Christian ideology. The CWA identifies itself as an amalgam of “policy experts and activists” whose anti-feminist approach to politics bolsters its mission to “protect and promote Biblical values among all citizens.” The current CEO and President is Penny Young Nance.
Funded by / Ownership
The CWA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit public policy women’s organization. Funding comes from donations, with millions derived from organizations connected to the Koch Brothers and also anti-LGBT organizations.
Analysis / Bias
Essentially, Concerned Women for America is an anti-feminist group that is 100% opposed to abortion and is vehemently opposed to equal rights for LGBTQ. In fact, the Southern Poverty Law Center has them classified as an anti-gay hate group. CWA also publishes a blog on its website that is pro-right wing and against anything related to the left or feminism.
In short, this is an extreme right christian biased group, that advocates for discrimination of LGBTQ and hence is a very questionable source. (D. Van Zandt 8/18/2017) Updated (2/15/2019)
Special Note: We provide a link below to their website for the purpose of our Chrome Extensions, which requires a link to the website in order to display on Facebook and the Chrome task bar. We recommend not clicking the link. (D. Van Zandt)
Last Updated on March 13, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect posted an apparent manifesto repeatedly citing ‘Great Replacement’ theoryby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 9:43 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Rodong Sinmunby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 7:26 am