Reasoning: Propaganda, Hate Group
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Concerned Women for America (CWA) is a socially conservative Christian non-profit women’s activist group in the United States. Headquartered in Washington D.C., the CWA is heavily involved in many social and political movements, through which it aims to support and incorporate Christian ideology. The CWA identifies itself as an amalgam of “policy experts and activists” whose anti-feminist approach to politics bolsters its mission to “protect and promote Biblical values among all citizens.” The current CEO and President is Penny Young Nance.
Funded by / Ownership
Analysis / Bias
Essentially, Concerned Women for America is an anti-feminist group that is 100% opposed to abortion and is vehemently opposed to equal rights for LGBTQ. In fact, the Southern Poverty Law Center has them classified as an anti-gay hate group. CWA also publishes a blog on its website that is pro-right wing and against anything related to the left or feminism, such as this Supporting Women, Promoting Life.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the last 5 years.
In short, this is an extreme right Christian biased group that advocates for discrimination against LGBTQ and hence is a very questionable source. (D. Van Zandt 8/18/2017) Updated (07/18/2022)
Last Updated on July 18, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Emirates 24/7by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 8:01 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am