These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Notes: Truthout is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, progressive news organization in the United States that operates a web site and distributes a daily newsletter. Registered in September 2001, in Sacramento, California, Truthout publishes original political news articles, opinion pieces, video reports and artwork. According to its web site, Truthout works to broaden and diversify the political discussion by introducing independent voices and focusing on under covered issues and unconventional thinking. Truthout has a strong left wing bias in reporting choices and wording. They also have reported some stories that were not factual. For example, a reporter claimed that Karl Rove was indicted on charges when in fact he wasn’t. The reporter continued to make the claim without evidence. See link here. Although this is only one example it shows that this source should be checked when in doubt.
Latest from Truth Out
- Empire Files: Venezuela Economy Minister -- Sabotage, Not Socialism, Is the Problem June 22, 2017 4:00 am
- Trump's Plan for Drug Pricing Executive Order Is a Big Pharma Wish List June 22, 2017 4:00 am
- From War to Cholera, Yemen Is Facing World's Largest Humanitarian Crisis June 22, 2017 4:00 am
- Myths of Globalization: Noam Chomsky and Ha-Joon Chang in Conversation June 22, 2017 4:00 am
- The Honest Cabinet June 22, 2017 4:00 am
- London Fire Fuels Movement to Tackle Inequality in Britain June 22, 2017 4:00 am
- The Wealthiest Americans Keep Making Money While Inequality Grows June 22, 2017 4:00 am
- Dissidents Ramp Up Direct Action Against Climate Destroyers. Who Will the Courts Defend? June 22, 2017 4:00 am
- We Have Less Than a Week to Preserve the Health Care of 24 Million People June 21, 2017 4:00 am
- Solidarity in the Health Care Struggle: A Message From the Truthout Team June 21, 2017 4:00 am