These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Rewire News Group Left Biased based on reporting and policy positions that almost always favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Rewire News Group is a website focused on reproductive and sexual health from a pro-reproductive rights perspective. The website began as a UN Foundation blog in 2006 and became its own nonprofit organization in January 2012. The publication focuses on reproductive and sexual health from a pro–reproductive rights perspective. It also covers issues such as racial, environmental, immigration, and economic justice. According to their about page “We publish news, analysis, and investigative reporting created by professional journalists, editors, and multimedia experts. We also offer vigorous commentary, debate, and opinion rooted in fact and considered thinking.”
The current President and editor is Galina Espinoza.
Funded by / Ownership
Rewire.news is a nonprofit organization that is funded through donations.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Rewire News Group primarily covers reproductive news with moderately loaded words such this: Telemedicine Abortion Is Safe, No Matter What Anti-Choice Lawmakers Claim. This story is properly sourced to medical journals as well as the think tank Guttmacher Institute and Amnesty International. Other stories cover economic justice such as this: Trump’s Newest Plan for SNAP Would Trap Workers in Poverty. Again, this is sourced properly to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. When it comes to science they support the consensus on climate change. In general, Rewire News Group reports news with a strong left-leaning political bias but properly sources their information to factual content.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Rewire News Group Left Biased based on reporting and policy positions that almost always favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 10/17/2016) Updated (10/16/2020)
Last Updated on October 16, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am