- Overall, we rate The True Reporter Right Biased and Questionable based on the promotion of propaganda, conspiracy theories, and pseudoscience and a lack of transparency, the use of poor sources, and false claims.
Questionable Reasoning: Conspiracy Theories, Pseudoscience, Propaganda, Lack of Transparency, Poor Sourcing, Failed Fact Checks
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2004 by Enric Huff, The True Reporter is a website that publishes conservative news and commentary that often promotes conspiracy theories and pseudoscience. According to their about page, “Founded as a counter to the establishment media that primarily shares news and opinion from a decidedly liberal perspective, TTR we believe it is important that we are transparent about our beliefs and perspectives and how it may shape our news and opinion priorities. Our focus is to make editorial choices that address the gap in the politically liberal leanings of establishment media outlets.” A search indicates that Enric Huff may not be the real name of the owner of this website. Enric Huff also publishes The True Defender, which consists of the same about page, same web template, and similar stories.
Funded by / Ownership
The True Reporter is owned by Enric Huff (pseudonym), with revenue derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
The True Reporter typically summarizes or republishes news stories from other sources. We found that some of these sources are credible such as Business Insider and The Hill; however, most are derived through poor sources who routinely fail fact checks such as Breitbart, The Epoch Times, and the Gateway Pundit. Articles and headlines often contain emotionally loaded wording that favors the right. Fauci Sends Brutal Message To Trump Voters Rejecting COVID Vaccines – ‘So Disturbing and this Shocking: What’s Being Secretly Built Right Outside The Capitol Building?
Editorially, all stories favor a conservative perspective and often denigrate the left, such as this Joy Behar Claims Antifa Is ‘Not A Real Thing’ – Gets Shut Down By Meghan McCain. Further, throughout 2020 and 2021, The True Reporter frequently published misinformation related to election fraud as well as on Coronavirus. For example, regarding election fraud, they claim Exclusive: 2020 Election Fraud Cases – Official List – Here Are ALL The Frauds, which links to another Enric Huff website called The True Defender.
The information contained in this report is largely unsourced. In another story titled EXCLUSIVE IMAGES: Proof Of Election Fraud AND Chinese Involvement ?! they safely put a question mark at the end because a series of random pictures does not indicate election fraud or China’s involvement. When it comes to the Coronavirus, they promoted that the virus is a hoax, no worse than the flu and that death counts are exaggerated [VIDEO] “Staged Pandemic”: MSHFD Warns The World! There isn’t evidence or consensus to any of these claims. In general, The True Reporter is a source that promotes right-biased conspiracy theories and pseudoscience.
Failed Fact Checks
- The controversial product Vanilla Coke has been discontinued because Coca-Cola fights white supremacy. – False
- George W. Bush Admits Explosives Used In 9/11 – False
Overall, we rate The True Reporter Right Biased and Questionable based on the promotion of propaganda, conspiracy theories, and pseudoscience, as well as a lack of transparency, the use of poor sources, and false claims. (D. Van Zandt 03/16/2021) Updated (7/8/2021)
Last Updated on February 18, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Healing Oracleby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 8:00 am