Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information, therefore fact checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
- Overall, we rate True Pundit not only Questionable but also a far-right conspiracy site that rarely publishes credible news. This is a far-right conspiracy source that cannot be trusted for accurate news reporting.
Factual Reporting: LOW
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
True Pundit is a political conspiracy website with a far right-wing bias. Like most low credibility sources they do not list a mission statement or about page.
Funded by / Ownership
Again, True Pundit does not list ownership or financial information, however, Thomas Paine (real name Michael D. Moore) appears as the name on many articles. This is a pseudonym for a supposed former FBI agent who is now against the FBI and very pro-Trump. It appears this is his website that is funded through advertising and donations via Pay Pal and Patreon.
Analysis / Bias
True Pundit occasionally publishes a legitimate story, however, most are right-wing conspiracies. The majority of articles from True Pundit have anonymous authors and all of them have a strong right-wing bias with generally loaded headlines such as The FBI Just Kicked the Door in of Anti-Trump San Juan Mayor’s Office in Puerto Rico; Federal Raid. True Pundit continues to beat the Seth Rich Murder conspiracy to death, no pun intended, and several other conspiracies that have been debunked. True Pundit also uses Questionable sources such as Your News Wire, which has one of the worst fact checking records in history.
Failed Fact Checks ( a sampling)
- No, Coretta Scott King didn’t thank Jeff Sessions in video clip – PANTS ON FIRE
- To Silence Wikileaks, Hillary Clinton Proposed Drone Strike on Julian Assange? – UNPROVEN
- No evidence that former FBI lawyer Lisa Page blamed the Chinese for DNC hack – PANTS ON FIRE
- Hillary Clinton Used Hand Signals to Rig Debate? – FALSE
- Websites wrongly claim man arrested on child sex charges was a Clinton campaign official – FALSE
Overall, we rate True Pundit not only Questionable but also a far-right conspiracy site that rarely publishes credible news. This is a far-right conspiracy source that cannot be trusted for accurate news reporting. (10/4/2016) Update (D. Van Zandt 11/20/2019)
Last Updated on November 16, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NaturalPediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am