Reasoning: Propaganda, Conspiracy, Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency, Misinformation
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: VERY LOW
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
The Times of America (digifection.com) is a website that has a domain name that is radically different than the actual brand name. The website is also completely anonymous without an about page to describe their conservative perspective, no author names, or ownership disclosure. Finally, the domain of the website is registered in India.
Funded by / Ownership
The Times of America completely lacks transparency as they do not disclose ownership. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
The Times of America does not produce original news reporting but rather publishes conservative and conspiracy-related news from other sources. For example, The Times of America uses sensational headlines such as “Brave Muslim-Born Ex-Porn Star Triggers ISIS – Terrorists Threaten to BEHEAD Her with Gruesome Visuals” and poor sourcing to questionable extreme right sources such as the Gateway Pundit. In other cases, they republish false or unproven stories such as “BOMBSHELL: New Evidence Suggests Charlottesville Was a Complete SET-UP,” which is not true.
Currently, they publish conspiracies regarding the 2020 Presidential Election such as this BREAKING: More Election Fraud EXPOSED- 15 Million Votes In 2020 Election NOT Accounted For. This baseless and unproven story comes from the low credibility site America Freedom Fighters, which routinely publishes false or misleading information. Finally, this source may or may not be a fake conservative website from India. We don’t know and therefore rate them extremely right biased, with low credibility.
Failed Fact Checks
- Third-Party Fact Checkers have not fact-checked them.
Overall, we rate The Times of America Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories, poor sourcing, and a complete lack of transparency. (M. Huitsing 8/28/2017) Updated (9/1/2021)
Last Updated on September 1, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NaturalPediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am