These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Liberal America Left Biased based on story selection that always favors the left and Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of sources that have failed fact checks in the past, or not hyperlinking to external sources of information.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Liberal America was formerly under a different domain, but it is now under the liberalamerica.life domain as of January 2018. According to their about page “Liberal America is the only place on the web that is devoted solely to all things liberal.” The editor-in-chief and CEO is Tiffany Willis Clark who states she is “An unapologetic member of the Christian Left.”
Funded by / Ownership
Liberal America is owned by Tiffany Willis Clark and funded through online advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Liberal America utilizes strong emotional wording that favors the left in headlines such as this: Trump Just Left The Kurds to Die. The Question is: For What? (Video). This story comes straight from Op-Ed News which we rate Left Biased and Mixed for factual reporting. Another loaded headline reads: Trump’s Really, Really Bad Week As The Walls Close In (Video). This article is very well sourced to a variety of credible sources such as Politico, Vox, Chicago Sun Times and The Hill. Within the article there is significant use of emotional language to sway the reader such as this: “We now know apparently the price Trump was willing to pay to betray his country”. Some articles such as this one, is not sourced via hyperlink at all.
In general, all stories on Liberal America favor the left and denigrate the right.
A factual search reveals they have not failed or have been fact-checked by an IFCN fact-checker.
Overall, we rate Liberal America Left Biased based on story selection that always favors the left and Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of sources that have failed fact checks in the past, or not hyperlinking to external sources of information. (11/18/2016) Update (D. Van Zandt 5/30/2020)
Last Updated on May 30, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Analysis of Hunter Biden’s hard drive shows he, his firm took in about $11 million from 2013 to 2018, spent it fastby newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 3:06 pm
- Monkeypox is spreading around the world. What is the disease and how dangerous is it?by newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 2:04 pm
- Finland’s gas flows from Russia to be shut off from Saturday, energy provider saysby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:40 pm
- Fact Check: High U.S. Gas Prices In 2022 Are NOT Related To Closed Pipelinesby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:18 pm
- Project Veritas says the FBI declared it part of mediaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:14 pm