Reasoning: Propaganda, Conspiracy, Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency, Fake News
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2010, America’s Freedom Fighters is a news and opinion website with extreme right-wing bias in reporting. According to their about page, “THIS IS A WEBSITE DEDICATED TO TRUTH AND PATRIOTISM. EVERY PERSON WRITING ON HERE IS A LONG-TIME PATRIOT. GOD BLESS AMERICA.” The website does not disclose ownership or an editor; however, the name Dean James appears frequently as the author of articles.
At the bottom of articles, America’s Freedom Fighters exclaims:
“FACEBOOK HAS BANNED US!”
“The leftists at Facebook decided they didn’t like our message, so they removed our page and are censoring us. Help us fight back and subscribe to our newsletter so that you can stay up-to-date with everything Facebook doesn’t want you to see!”
Funded by / Ownership
America’s Freedom Fighters does not disclose ownership nor a funding model; however, the website contains more advertising than content. They also link to an online store that sells pro-Trump and conservative merchandise.
Analysis / Bias
In review, America’s Freedom Fighters publishes extreme right news stories with loaded emotional language such as this: This Texas Rancher Is Obama’s Worst Nightmare… What He Says Should Wake Up America. This article contains strong opinions by the author followed by a snippet of the original article, which comes from Qpolitical, a Questionable source. Other articles also have highly loaded language such as this, describing Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama as “2 FILTHY SCUMBAGS.” Speaking of former President Obama, they were still promoting the birther conspiracy in 2019: BARRY SOETORO I.D.’s AND PHOTOS-YOU NEED TO SEE THIS!
When it comes to sourcing, they almost always use far-right or questionable sources such as Mad World News, SHTFplan, and Before It’s News. Editorially, they love former President Donald Trump. Throughout 2020-2022 they have promoted baseless election fraud claims and covid misinformation.
Failed Fact Checks
- An immigrant put peanut butter in a little girl’s sandwich, causing her to have an allergic reaction. – UNPROVEN
- Does a viral claim accusing Black Lives Matter activists of mugging a woman provide any evidence? – FALSE
- President Obama permitted the first-ever Satanic ceremony at a State Capitol. – MOSTLY FALSE
- Beyonce has not been banned from performing in Canada based on her 2016 Super Bowl halftime performance. – FALSE
- President Obama altered the White House logo to replace the U.S flag with a white flag (commonly associated with surrender). – FALSE
Overall, we rate America’s Freedom Fighters a Questionable source based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of conservative propaganda and conspiracy theories, as well as the use of poor sources, the publication of fake news, and complete lack of transparency. In sum, this source is not credible on any level. (D. Van Zandt 11/22/2016) Updated (02/07/2022)
Last Updated on February 7, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Healing Oracleby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 8:00 am