Last updated on February 23rd, 2020 at 04:00 pm
Reasoning: Extreme Right, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency, Fake News
Founded in 2010, America’s Freedom Fighters is a news and opinion website that has an extreme right wing bias in reporting. According to their about page “THIS IS A WEBSITE DEDICATED TO TRUTH AND PATRIOTISM. EVERY PERSON WRITING ON HERE IS A LONG TIME PATRIOT. GOD BLESS AMERICA.” The website does not disclose ownership or an editor, however the name Dean James appears frequently as the author of articles.
At the bottom of articles, America’s Freedom Fighters exclaims:
“FACEBOOK HAS BANNED US!”
“The leftists at Facebook decided they didn’t like our message, so they removed our page and are censoring us. Help us fight back and subscribe to our newsletter so that you can stay up-to-date with everything Facebook doesn’t want you to see!”
Funded by / Ownership
America’s Freedom Fighters does not disclose ownership, nor a funding model, however the website contains more advertising than content. They also link to an online store that sells pro-Trump and conservative merchandise.
Analysis / Bias
In review, America’s Freedom Fighters publishes extreme right news stories with loaded emotional language such as this: This Texas Rancher Is Obama’s Worst Nightmare… What He Says Should Wake Up America. This article contains strong opinions by the author followed by a snippet of the original article, which comes from Qpolitical, a Questionable source. Other articles also contain highly loaded language such as this, describing Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama as “2 FILTHY SCUMBAGS.” Speaking of former President Obama, they are still promoting the birther conspiracy in 2019: BARRY SOETORO I.D.’s AND PHOTOS-YOU NEED TO SEE THIS!
- An immigrant put peanut butter in a little girl’s sandwich causing her to have an allergic reaction. – UNPROVEN
- Does a viral claim accusing Black Lives Matter activists of mugging a woman provide any evidence? – FALSE
- President Obama permitted the first-ever Satanic ceremony at a State Capitol. – MOSTLY FALSE
- Beyonce has not been banned from performing in Canada based on her 2016 Super Bowl halftime performance. – FALSE
- President Obama altered the White House logo to replace the U.S flag with a white flag (commonly associated with surrender). – FALSE
Overall, we rate America’s Freedom Fighters a Questionable source based on extreme right wing bias, promotion of conservative propaganda and conspiracy theories as well as the use of poor sources, the publication of fake news and complete lack of transparency. In sum, this source is not credible on any level. (D. Van Zandt 11/22/2016) Updated (8/14/2019)