Questionable Reasoning: Propaganda, Conspiracy, Poor Sourcing, False Information, Lack of Transparency, Plagiarism
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2020, The Raging Patriot is an anonymously published conservative news and commentary site. The website completely lacks transparency as they do not have an about page disclosing their conservative perspective, name authors, editors, or ownership.
Funded by / Ownership
The Raging Patriot lacks transparency as it does not disclose its ownership. However, a Google search indicates that Tyler Webster from Bowling Green, Kentucky owns the site through The Raging Patriot LLC. Advertising, sponsored content, and donations generate revenue. Tyler Webster is also a graphic designer who owns and operates a store selling conservative-themed merchandise called Drunk America.
Analysis / Bias
The Raging Patriot does not produce original news and commentary; instead, they republish or summarize articles from other sources. In reviewing their articles, a pattern emerged demonstrating that they plagiarize the work of others without giving proper hyperlink credit. For example, in this article, they change the headline of a Trending Politics story to be highly emotional BOMBSHELL: Georgia Has Just Announced An Investigation Into Suspected Election Fraud In 2020; And The Left-Wing Activists Have A Lot To Answer For. The Trending Politics title is less emotional Georgia Announces New Investigation Into Suspected 2020 Election Fraud Involving Over 200 Left-wing Activists. Unless The Raging Patriot has an arranged deal with Trending Politics, this will constitute copyright infringement.
We found other instances of blatant plagiarism, such as this article that is copied near-verbatim without credit from the Associated Press FAUCI IS A CLOWN: Dr. Fauci says it’s safe for children to trick-or-treat this year WHEN NO ONE REALLY ASKED. For comparison, the headline of the AP article is not sensationalized The Latest: Fauci says fine to trick-or-treat this year.
Editorially all stories favor the right and frequently denigrate Democrats such as this mocking Joe Biden for alleged dementia with this quote “Gov. Desantis responded to this with another hilarious roast about Biden’s visible dementia traits.” Further, the sources they plagiarize from are often questionable sources such as Breitbart, Trending Politics, the Conservative Brief, and Gateway Pundit. Finally, they also promote misinformation regarding election fraud in the 2020 election and with Covid-19. In general, The Raging Patriot holds extreme right biases and sycophantic admiration for former President Trump.
Failed Fact Checks
- “Chief Justice John Roberts goes after the highest court in the land, citing their ‘inappropriate political influence.’” – False
- “Vice President Kamala Harris laughs at the plight of Ukraine; at idea of America offering assistance” – False
- The sources used by The Raging Patriot frequently fail fact checks.
Overall, we rate The Raging Patriot extreme right biased and questionable based on the promotion of propaganda, conspiracy theories, plagiarism, poor sourcing, false claims, and a complete lack of transparency. (D. Van Zandt 01/06/2022) Updated (03/14/2022)
Last Updated on March 14, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am