These media sources are moderate to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information reporting that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Conservative Brief Right-Biased based on editorial perspectives that strongly favor the right. We also rate them Mostly Factual rather than Mixed due to deleting or correcting false information.
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Launched in January by Eugene Garan, Conservative Brief is a website that publishes news and commentary from a conservative perspective. According to their about page, “Conservativebrief.com is one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media websites and counter-cultural outlets for news, politics, opinion, and entertainment. We are a conservative website featuring breaking daily news on the most important political and social topics. We do not claim to be without bias.”
Funded by / Ownership
Apse Media LLC owns and publishes Conservative Brief. Eugene Garan serves as CEO. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
Conservative Brief publishes news and commentary on USA politics favorable toward former President Trump and conservatives. They do not publish original reporting but rather take an existing story and add conservative commentary. Articles and headlines usually contain emotionally charged wording such as this Kamala Harris Whines That She’s Only Unpopular Because Of Racism And Sexism. In another story, they denigrate Democrats White House Has To Fix Another Biden Lie, President Misquoted Manchin. When it comes to sourcing they generally use a credible source such as the New York Times and factually mixed sources such as Fox News and CNN.
In June 2021, Conservative Brief advanced Tucker Carlson’s baseless conspiracy theory that the FBI was involved in the January 6th riots. However, Conservative Brief has improved its journalistic practices by correcting the story CORRECTED HEADLINE: Tucker Carlson Offer Unverified Theory On January 6. Further, the list of failed fact checks seen below has either been removed from the website or corrected.
Conservative Brief generally publishes highly right biased opinion content; however, most stories are rooted in fact and earn a mostly factual rating.
Failed Fact Checks
- A U.S. law allows children as young as 11 to get vaccinated without their parents’ consent. – Mostly False
- “Joe Suffers Brain Fart! Biden Visits Elementary School, Asks The Children If They’re High Schoolers (VIDEO).” – False
- Majority Of Republicans Believe Trump Will Be Reinstated As President This Year.” – False
- “Report: Biden administration busing ‘thousands’ of illegals to red states to get permanent status.” – False
Overall, we rate Conservative Brief Right-Biased based on editorial perspectives that strongly favor the right. We also rate them Mostly Factual rather than Mixed due to deleting or correcting false information. (D. Van Zandt 12/25/2021)
Last Updated on January 7, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am