These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate The Hill Talk Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left and High for factual reporting due to excellent sourcing of information.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2013, The Hill Talk is a website that provides political news briefs. According to their about page “The Hill Talk delivers light and entertaining briefs of the day’s top political news from the U.S. and around the world. We have all you need to talk politics and current events at the water cooler or dinner table.” A search of the website did not disclose an editor or owner.
Funded by / Ownership
The Hill Talk does not disclose ownership and the website is funded through online advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Hill Talk publishes/summarizes political news through a variety of writers. There is the moderate use of loaded language in headlines such as this: Incompetence abounds as Florida recount goes to 2nd round. When it comes to sourcing, The Hill Talk does an excellent job of utilizing credible sources and hyperlinks appropriately. Editorially, there is a reasonable balance of opinions that are never extreme one way or the other, however, there is more that tend to lean left. Opinion pieces are also appropriately sourced.
A factual search reveals that The Hill Talk has never failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate The Hill Talk Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left and High for factual reporting due to excellent sourcing of information. (D. Van Zandt 12/16/2018)
Last Updated on October 30, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm