These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Black Enterprise Magazine Left-Center biased based on story selection that slightly favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Magazine
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Launched in 1970, Black Enterprise Magazine publishes financial advice geared toward an African-American audience. The founder was Earl G. Graves Sr., author of the 1997 book “How to Succeed in Business Without Being White: Straight Talk on Making it in America.” His son, Earl G. Graves Jr., publishes Black Enterprise Magazine.
According to their about page, “BLACK ENTERPRISE is the premier business, investing, and wealth-building resource for African Americans. Since 1970, BLACK ENTERPRISE has provided essential business information and advice to professionals, corporate executives, entrepreneurs, and decision-makers.” Blackenterpise.com serves as the online version of the magazine and features links to related TV shows.
Funded by / Ownership
Based in New York City, Black Enterprise Media owns and publishes the magazine and website. Advertising and the sale of real estate investment courses and merchandise generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
Black Enterprise Magazine and the website publish news and information related to business investment and financial advice for an African American audience. They also cover technology, entertainment, and lifestyle. Further, the news section is divided into subsections of Politics, Education, Career, Men, and Women. Finally, the website provides video streams to their nationally aired TV programming and Podcasts.
News reporting on the website is generally low-biased using minimal loaded emotional words such as this BANK OF MONTREAL COMMITS $78 MILLION IN FINANCING TO BLACK-OWNED BUSINESSES. Like all others reviewed, this story relies on credible sources such as Bloomberg, The Associated Press, and local newspapers and TV stations.
Editorially, they do not produce op-eds and rarely interject opinion into news reporting. However, story selection on political reporting leans left with many political stories related to social equality and equity, such as this VMI’S FIRST BLACK SUPERINTENDENT BLASTS THOSE CRITICIZING SCHOOL’S MOVE TO IMPROVE RACIAL DIVERSITY EQUITY REFORM. In general, news reporting is factual and usually low-biased; however, story selection tends to favor the left slightly.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Black Enterprise Magazine Left-Center biased based on story selection that slightly favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 02/16/2022)
Last Updated on February 16, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- U.S. Senate Gives Final Congressional Approval To $40 Billion Aid Package For Ukraineby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 10:17 pm
- Finland and Sweden Apply for NATO Membershipby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 5:59 pm
- New Twitter policy aims to pierce fog of war misinformationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 5:43 pm
- Biden To Meet Swedish, Finnish Leaders On NATO Membershipby newsfactsnetwork on May 19, 2022 at 2:24 pm
- Texas asks Supreme Court to keep state social media censorship law in effectby newsfactsnetwork on May 19, 2022 at 12:17 pm