These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using an appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate the Bismarck Tribune Least Biased due to a mostly balanced editorial page that very slightly leans right and High for factual reporting based on proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1873, the Bismarck Tribune is a print newspaper serving the greater Bismarck and southern North Dakota area.
Funded by / Ownership
The paper is owned by Lee Enterprises, which according to Open Secrets, has donated 88% of its money to Republican politicians since 1990. The Bismarck Tribune is funded through advertising and subscription fees.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Bismarck Tribune covers local news with journalists and reporters throughout the Southern North Dakota region. For national news, they use the Associated Press. All news is reported with minimal loaded words and bias. The Bismarck Tribune always sources its information correctly. Editorially, there is a balance between right and left-leaning opinions with just a slight edge to the right. Ballotpedia’s presidential endorsements vary with Democratic Candidate John Kerry in 2004, Republicans John McCain and Mitt Romney in 2008 and 2012, again with a slight edge to the right.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Bismarck Tribune Least Biased due to a mostly balanced editorial page that very slightly leans right and High for factual reporting based on proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 4/22/2018) Updated (04/14/2022)
Last Updated on April 14, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- First-quarter GDP declined 1.5%, worse than thought; jobless claims edge lowerby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 6:40 pm
- A massive new study confirms vaccinated people are still at risk of long COVIDby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 4:43 pm
- Senate GOP planning to block domestic terrorism bill that Democrats have tied to gunsby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 3:43 pm
- How the NRA evolved from backing a 1934 ban on machine guns to blocking nearly all firearm restrictions todayby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 1:47 pm
- ‘WHO Has No Authority to Dictate U.S. Health Policy’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 26, 2022 at 1:43 pm