These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate The Herald News Least Biased based on a reasonably balanced editorial page and High for factual reporting due to the use of proper sources and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1892, The Herald News is a daily broadsheet newspaper based in Fall River, Massachusetts. Its coverage area includes Fall River and the nearby towns of Dighton, Freetown, Somerset, Swansea and Westport, Massachusetts; and Little Compton and Tiverton, Rhode Island. The current editor is Lynne Sullivan.
Funded by / Ownership
In 2006, The Herald News was purchased by Gatehouse Media, which owns many small and mid-market newspapers across the USA. The newspaper is funded through subscription fees and advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Herald News covers local news through original reporting by journalists and with minimal bias such as this: Pilgrim nuclear power plant workers prep for shutdown after 47 years. National News primarily is derived from the Associated Press as well as the Washington Post and other Gatehouse Media publications. Editorially, the paper tends to cover both sides without any evidence of extremism, however, more op-eds tend to slightly favor the left. The paper has not recently endorsed Presidential candidates. In general, The Herald News reports news with minimal bias, and editorials are reasonably balanced.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate The Herald News Least Biased based on a reasonably balanced editorial page and High for factual reporting due to the use of proper sources and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 5/29/2019)
Last Updated on October 29, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm
- Schumer implores Fox News leaders to stop ‘amplification’ of ‘replacement theory’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 11:54 am