These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate The Conservative Opinion Right Biased based on story selection that always favors the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of poor sources that have failed fact checks.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
The Conservative Opinion is a conservative news and opinion website. According to Whois the domain was purchased in 2018, however, they did not start publishing until March 27th, 2019. This website is connected to two other websites, which I will explain. First, The Conservative Opinion is identical in look and structure to MAGAVoter.com, which we have rated Questionable due to a complete lack of transparency. MAGAVoter has not published a news story since March 29th, which leads us to understand that The Conservative Opinion has replaced MAGAVoter.
See screenshot comparison of MagaVoter and Conservative Opinion
There is more. The Conservative Opinion is also connected to the far-right website, Truthfeed, which we have also rated as Questionable. The Truthfeed website now says “On Hiatus.” Meanwhile, the Truthfeed Facebook page is only publishing Conservative Opinion articles. We cannot verify these connections, but it appears these three websites are related in some capacity.
According to their about page “The Conservative Opinion is a political blog founded and owned by editor in chief Kambree Nelson.
Funded by / Analysis
As stated on their about page the website is owned by Kambree Nelson, who is a self-described “proud Christian.” The website is funded through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Conservative Opinion typically summarizes a right-leaning news story and interjects opinions that favor the right. There is the use of loaded emotional language in both the headlines and articles itself, such as this: House Dems Issue New Threat to IRS Over Trump’s Tax Returns. This story lists the author’s name and is sourced properly to The Hill.
In general, The Conservative Opinion sources information properly via hyperlinks, however, they often use poor sources such as the questionable Breitbart, the factually Mixed Daily Wire, and Daily Caller. The website is fully transparent by clearly disclaiming they are conservative, providing ownership information, and listing authors with biographical information. Although there is significant right-leaning bias, there is full transparency, which cannot be said for their previous websites mentioned above.
Overall, we rate The Conservative Opinion Right Biased based on story selection that always favors the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of poor sources that have failed fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 4/14/2019) Updated (6/28/2020)
Last Updated on June 28, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Daily Source Bias Check: Die Presseby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 6, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/05/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 5, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The National Heraldby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 5, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/04/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 4, 2022 at 10:15 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Citizen Truthby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 4, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 3, 2022 at 10:30 am